My shining star

My shining star

Monday 10 July 2017

Jo Firth Young comes to Carnforth!!!

Hello there my lovelies - well it was a rare treat on Saturday for me when the lovely Jo Firth Young headed north and led a workshop at Carnforth Station visitors centre ... hosted by Rowan Tree Crafts. Sharon is the main lady there and is really lovely - if ever you get the chance to visit the shop - its really friendly and stocked with loadsa goodies!!!

Anyway Jo is a really lovely lady - I have so many sets of her stamps but have never met her! It was just lovely and her project was fabulous - here's her make ...

No automatic alt text available.

it used two of her new sets of stamps plus some an older set and three different stencils.

Here's a smiley picture of me and Jo...

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

I was also lucky enough to meet up with Chris from Pear Shaped Crafting...
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, eyeglasses

I really enjoyed meeting Chris and hope to meet again.

Now to my make ...


Here's the whole thing ....


the left hand side ...


the centre - i used one of the new Alison Bomber stamps here. They had arrived into my hot little hands on Friday and I was desperate to ink them up!!!


and this is the right hand side.

To be fair to Jo I won't go into details ...but lots of fun was definitely had!!!

Have a great Monday - we have a busy day. The coffee pot ladies are coming this morning and its the girls sports day in the afternoon. In the evening Lucy is going by Limosine to her school leavers do! I don't know - it seems a bit crackers but she is super happy so has to be worth it!

Big hugs

Rachel x


11 comments:

  1. A beautiful piece Rachel and how lovely you got to meet with Jo and Chris, great photos of you with them. Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just so pretty Rachel, full of Summertime.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Rachel, so glad you got to meet Chris, she is so lovely.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning piece of art work there Rachel, looks like you had a fabulous day. Enjoy yourself today.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piece of work Rachel, I love the bright colours and the stamps are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous project Rachel, I love it! How lovely to get to meet Jo, Chris is such a lovely lady! Alison's stamps are pretty amazing aren't they? Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous project Rachel, I love the stamps. Wonderful photographs too. I hope Lucy enjoys her ride in the Limousine for her leaving party.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Rachel, it looks like you had a great day.
    I hope Lucy enjoys her evening.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally got mine finished and posted! It was so lovely to meet you at last and what great workshop it was too! The hovering butterfly looks brilliant! I do love that you used Alison's quote here too, it is perfect! I slept so well on Saturday night! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project and love the quirky stamps
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - just as I'd imagined - the flower quotes combined with lots of JOFY florals - and directly from a JOFY workshop too! I love your triptych panel, and I'm honoured that my words made it on to such a special creation (well, Nathaniel's words, but you know what I mean!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx