My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 12 July 2017

coffeepot July: Yupo

Hello there! How are you? I do hope you are well? I am good but struggling with time this week - there just seems to be so much on in Lucy's last week of primary school. She certainly had a good time last night.I'll show you some pictures soon.

On Monday morning we had our last coffeepot before the summer break and I decided I would introduce the ladies to yupo. They have used alcohol inks before but never on yupo and were all suitably impressed with how easy the inks go on. I made these two cards as samples...



As you can see I also used the alison bomber words ... I just love them!!!



This is the one I made as a demonstration. 

The ladies loved making them and managed to do almost three each. They seemed to favour the silhouettes. All flower stamps and dies are from Tim Holtz.

So to Lucy's special night ...
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, sunglasses and outdoor

They had a bit of fun with some crazy wigs in the playground before heading off .....

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

in the Hummer!!!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

They had lots of loud music by all accounts on the way to bowling and then tea at frankie and bennys.

It was certainly a good night!

Hope you have a good Wednesday - we have a drama group social tonight - I will be singing! Get those earplugs out if you're anywhere near!

Big hugs

Rachel xx


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Rachel, I have Yupo and ink but not used them yet. Lucy looks so grown up and it looks like they all had a great time too. Good luck with the singing this evening.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful time on Monday Rachel, really enjoyed using the YUPO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Rachel, beautifully designed and coloured.
    Lucy looks fabulous, she's certainly growing up, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Rachel, love them all. Looks like Lucy had a wonderful time.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stamps and fabulous backgrounds -love Pennys wig lol-good luck with the singing
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Rachel, lovely vibrant backgrounds.
    Lucy looks lovely, I'm so pleased that she enjoyed her night out.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card samples Rachel and Lucy looks as though she had an amazing night xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards look fabulous Rachel. Now I know I need to get some yuppo! Lovely photos of Lucy. Her dress is very pretty. Looks as if they had a great time. Hope your evening went well. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect combining of words and flowers - I love the bright colours. I haven't played with Yupo myself, but this certainly makes it look tempting. Looks as though Lucy had a fabulous night!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx