My shining star

My shining star

Friday 21 July 2017

Bye bye Rose!

Hello there! How are you today. I hope you are well....sending hugs if you are under the weather physically or emotionally. We all need a good hug at times!

Today I have the card I made for Brownowl - she left brownies at the end of June after 23 years service. We have her leaving 'do' tonight - aptly a camp with songs and games. Looking forward to it. Brown owl is called Rose so I decided to use this stamp set from scrapcosy at Paperartsy.


I did the stamping on the card in versamark then set with white embossing powder. I added the stamp from Alison Bomber - the Rose is a rose .... it seemed appropriate! The butterflies were stamped and added later. I used two distress inks - tattered rose and victorian velvet.



Two close ups - I do hope she likes it - its something a bit vintage and different for me but I really like it! 

Things were fun at the demo yesterday - I didn't get to stay too long as predicted but we all made a little folkart card so that was nice! 

Big hugs one and all!

Rachel xx

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Rachel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Rachel, Rose will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a stunner Rachel....love the resist and the beautiful stamp...she will treasure it....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Rachel, I'm sure that Brown Owl (Rose) will love this. Have a great evening.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Rachel, so pretty - I'm sure Brownowl will treasure it.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgeous card BrownOwl will love it -I love white embossing and yet never do it???
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and love the colours. I am sure Brown Owl Rose will love it.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Rachel. Hope you all enjoy the evening. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card Rachel and Alison's stamp is just perfect! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely lovely, Rachel - I love how you've created the embossed resist with those beautiful Scrapcosy roses, and the delicate pink tones are so pretty. And I love how the quote looks in soft rose too (Victorian Velvet for that one, I'm guessing?). I'm sure Rose loved her roses! I had no idea what a kick it would give me to see people enjoying playing with the stamps - this makes me so happy!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous Rachel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, it's been a while and I thought I better come say hi and see what loveliness is coming out of your craft room! Beautiful rose card; so happy to see you stepping out of your crafty comfort zone and of course, to see Alison's stamps in action! Gorgeous make, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx