My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 20 March 2016

ccc - 2 or more patterned papers plus a parcel!

Hello lovelies! How are you today??? I do hope you are good and had a great Saturday - apologies for being MIA for a few days - nights out sure do play havoc with blogging - I should be back in force later this evening! Last night I was out enjoying the Hornby Occasionals version of Iolanthe - I went with my friend Helen - I don't think it was her thing but I really enjoyed it!!!! Today, palm Sunday, my girls are singing in church then Penny has a party and finally we have a drama rehearsal so its another busy day- its all good though!

Today it is a difficult theme for me at Christmas card Club - its 2 or more patterned papers. Its difficult because I don't use patterned paper much at all these days - I guess I could have made my own - but I thought I would dust off some from many years ago. I teamed them (from LOTV) with a stamp from Tim.



I look forward to seeing what the other ladies from our lovely club have come up with.

I got a lovely parcel arrive on Friday ... from oakhousestudio. The lovely Lynnda turned the order around remarkably quickly - thanks Lynnda - I'm looking forward to having a play with these goodies on Monday!


I'm particularly looking forward to playing with the pure colour chemistry inks - I'll let you see what I get up to - but you may have to wait until April!!!!

Have a great Sunday!

Big Hugs Rachel x

23 comments:

  1. Great cards agaion Rachel. I guess this was more of a challenge for you than for most of us, but you have come up trumps again. GAld you enoyed your evening. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about pattered papers Rachel, I do use them sometimes but always struggle with coordinating them. But I think you have done a great job here with the contrasting earthy tones.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job of combining those papers Rachel, resulting in a beautiful card! The goodies in your parcel have made me very curious, look forward to seeing what you will do with them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful use of papers Rachel. Beautiful card. Love the look of your goodies too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for going out of your comfort zone although you'd never know as this is a fab card perfect for the challenge. Sounds like you have a busy day. Have fun. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Rachel, glad you had a good evening

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Rachel. Your new goodies look very interesting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel
    Fabulous card... Love the papers... Two minds think alike
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fantastic cards Rachel. The papers are lovely and it's good to be non traditional with the colours sometimes. You're parcel looks interesting, looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rachel, two lovely cards and I love this kraft paper that you've used, great snowmen too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards and my hat is off to you for being able to make Christmas cards at Easter! Great haul! I can't wait to see what you make with it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely cards Rachel....love the kraft backing papers....will be watching to see what you do with your goodies! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous Rachel and loving the stamp too. Enjoy your new goodies and can't wait to see what you create.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you've a lovely busy social calendar at the moment. Glad you fitted in your patterned paper cards as I think they're fab! Love neutrals for Christmas. Enjoy your new goodies.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you chose well with the papers Rachel, I love the muted tones, they go so well with the snowman stamp! I think you will love the inks from Lynnda, the colours are so rich and beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stamp and great papers -enjoy the new stash
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very unusual and oh, so pretty. Love the combination of the sepia tones with the fab TH images. Also love the patterns of the different papers combined so nicely. That is something I don't do so well. Looks wonderful on your cards. So happy that you & the girls are keeping so active. Just enjoy your time with them, and blogging can be when you don't have these fun times in your week. TFS & Hugs (oh the new supplies look just yummy. Some products I don't know about!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sure did hit this challenge head on -- I am not a busy person so it is hard for me to use a lot of patterns. You really have to know how to do it and you sure do.
    Enjoy your new goodies!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous Oldie Christmas card, it reminds of Christmas cards we used to get when I was a young girl. Big Hugs >arlene

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cards Rachel, your papers co-ordinate beautifully with your super stamped image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You worked wonders with your papers Rachel, they look great with that stamp. Your goodies look very interesting too, look forward to seeing what you do with them. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! those papers are gorgeous! Love the lace too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will look forward to hearing how you go with these Rachel, as I have one set of Lynda's clear stamps and have been tempted by the other goodies but not sure what I would do with them or if they will do the same as some as I already have. I have, sadly, had issues with the clear stamp set which has made me a bit wary Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx