My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 12 March 2016

playing with sheenas stuff

Good morning lovely people - I must start by saying thankyou for your kind words about my journal page - I didn't mean to make you cry - sorry - and I wasn't looking for sympathy - but thankyou anyway.

I have a card to share with you today - I enjoyed making this too - it coming up to what would have been mine and Shauns 11th wedding anniversary. I am going to stand the card up on that day - I think the words mean 'forever yours' but I could be wrong!!


The image was stamped in potting soil archival and coloured with distress markers, a paint brush and water. The background was created with distress ink - fired brick - then I stamped the rose in red archival, masking as I went along.


Here's a closer look ... love this image - she's fabulous!!!

Have a good Saturday!

Big Hugs

Rachel x

17 comments:

  1. First of all Rachel my apologies that I failed to properly praise you for your lovely post yesterday, I commented from my tablet in hospital, it doesn't like blogger and my fingers don't like the keyboard, I could not see all of the the images and hence I failed to full grasp the content. My apologies if I seemed insensitive.

    A lovely image on today's card and another with heartfelt meaning.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brenda - I am always pleased to hear from you - especially when I know how hard it is for you to write - biggest of hugs lovely lady xx

      Delete
  2. Great card Rachel... I agree a wonderful image and your have coloured it brilliantly. Have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Rachel...I wasn't sure about these new stamps by Sheena, but you have made her look beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card, colour and image....just beautiful display.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Rachel, beautiful rich colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation huni and please don't ever feel the need to apologise. Good art makes us cry because we 'feel' it in our hearts Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! I love this image and gorgeous card you have created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Rachel.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Rachel, and there is on way you were looking for sympathy with your journal page, it was a genuinely beautiful piece of work with deep meaning for you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel
    Fabulous card... I have been watching Sheena on the Hochana channel I wanted the DVD's but unfortunately they don't sent abroad...as my cred card has my Gib address they won't let me purchase oh!! bother....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. She really is lovely Rachel and you have coloured her so beautifully, great background too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Rachel, great image and lovely rich colours. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very Spanish love-card! Beautiful colouring,Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderful central image, beautifully coloured!! Love the background too! It really should have pride of place!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fabulous image Rachel and brilliant rose stamped background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's gorgeous! As is the background you've created for her! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx