My shining star

My shining star

Monday 7 March 2016

A Box at Crafty Individuals

Hello Lovelies! How are you? I hope you are well and happy! I am good and feeling ready for coffeepot today - I'm in charge - I'll let you see what we made later!

Today I want to show you a box/ draw set I made to enter the Crafty Individual Challenge.


I painted the wooden drawers that I bought from The Works for around £5 with grandmas teacup paint from Indigo Blu. Next I stamped baroque-splatter-script-background in grey archival all over the sides and back of the drawers, Next I used a Crafty Individuals mask and some hot cocoa indigo blu paint to add the leaves to the box and also the brown around the bottom.


Whilst all the paint dried I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the butterfly-pairs.


Next I used potting soil archival and build-a-meadow-art-rubber-stamps to add more details to the vegetation. 


Finally I added the cut butterflies!


I had a fantastic weekend at a party for my friend Sandy's 50th birthday. She teaches Nia dance so she had the party at the yogatree studio in Stirling where we danced and drank prosecco - all dressed as pirates! After this we went up to a café up the street but before going in there we actually did a flashmob in the streets and stopped the traffic with our dancing! It was amazing fun.
Here's a few chosen pictures!








Big hugs

Rachel x

25 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rachel, so beautifully decorated.
    Wow! It looks like you had a brilliant weekend - great fun.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful drawers Rachel, glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous box Rachel - love how you have decorated it - stunning! Your party looks like a lot of fun too. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rachel your box of drawers looks amazing. What beautiful work that is and I enjoyed reading through your post.

    Great photos. It looks as if you all had lots of fun. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely drawers Rachel, love the colourful butterflies on the stamped background. Glad you had fun at your pirate party. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those drawers are stunning Rachel. I love the stamps you've used and the colours of paint. Looks like you had an amazing time this weekend.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab box Rachel and what fun you lot had !! You all know how to party !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful box - looks like you had fun xx hugs xtrace x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Rachel! I love how you used stamps and mask.
    Thank you for joining in CI challenge.
    Hugs
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving what you have done to this box Rachel it is fabulous. It looks like you had a fabulous time too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous box Rachel. Your photos made me smile :)...I'm so glad you had a fantastic time. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an amazing transformation of your box. I love it especially all the butterflies. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had great fun at the pirate party! Love your box set, it is beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous decorated set of drawers Rachel.
    Love the photos. Looked like you had a fab time.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your set of drawers Rachel, the butterflies look amazing. It sure looks like a fun party! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Rachel! These are fab, you've been such a busy lady since I was last over!! Sorry I can't comment on each & every beautiful creation but I have admired them all!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You girls are crazy! Looks like a good time! Love your pretty box, and it looks like you had a good time making it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rachel
    This is such a pretty box with those fussy cut butterflies all a flutter.
    You had a great time, we can tell!!!
    Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals challenge.
    Good Luck!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, that's fun tee-hee, thanks for sharing the photos of the party, you had a great time!!! :D
    And your box is really gorgeous!!! I love your stamping in grey using the baroque background stamp all over the box, giving a delicate pattern.. and then the colours of the meadow, leaves and butterflies that really pop out! Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing with us at Crafty Individuals. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such fun pics and what a gorgeous treasure chest! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful box and love the colour and stamping-looks like you all had a brilliant time
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful drawers with these butterflies and the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  23. your drawers look fantastic, love all the butterflies on it. Thanks for joining in the CI challenge

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic decorated wooden drawers Rachel. Fab stamping. Particularly love the soft color stamping of the script and then the over stamping of the leaves. Super effect. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the party. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Individuals challenge.
    Hugs to you and the girls, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx