My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 3 March 2016

Spring is in the air at Stamps and Stencils

Good Morning all! Its time for a new challenge over at stampsandstencils today - I am hosting this month and the theme I have chosen is 'Spring is in the air'. In the challenge I am looking to see what Spring means to you.... To me there are many things that it means but the piece I am sharing with you today reflects 'new life'. . I have the finished piece to show you first then a step by step to show how I put it together.


So a simple mixed media card - this is how i made it:


I started with a stencil from Ali Reeve (that special touch) and added grungepaste through it.


Once done i allowed this to dry.


Once dry I added indigoblu cottage paints using my fingers - peppermint tea at the bottom and townhouse teal at the top.


Again I allowed this to dry.


Next I used an A4 Clarity stencil and applied fossilised amber DI through it.


Then coloured the raised areas in distress pens.


I stamped and fussy cut the bird from the Tim Holtz set and added him and also stamped the word Spring from an Inkylicious set.


And so you have it....


And here's a closer look!.

I hope you'll be able to join us at Stamps and stencils this month. 

Big hugs

Rachel xx





21 comments:

  1. Love the fab design and details,this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rachel, you have been busy with this one, it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning Rachel, great tutorial too. It's greatto see how you built it all up.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A walk through and English wood in Springtime...perfect! Lovely build up of subtle colours creating a lot of depth and interest in this beautiful piece Rachel. Thanks for a great challenge. Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Rachel, you have created a wonderful scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing Rachel. So glad you showed it step by step. It looks like a walk in the woods. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super creation as always Rachel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful scenic card, Rachel. So delicate and meaningful. Hope Spring arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Rachel, the dimension and design is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Rachel what a fabulous design, the texture and colours are fabulous and I love the images, brilliant work, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card with a great spring vignette created from the stencils. This makes me yearn to go for a walk outdoors right now but it is -5C and there is still some snow on the ground from our mini storm on Tuesday night. I am hopeful though that spring is around the corner.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Rachel, love the subtle tree background and the soft shades you've used. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful scene you've created, Rachel! Fabulous design with such an awesome stenciling work! Love it! Hugs! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely mixed media card Rachel! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these amazing trees and your pretty design! Awesome theme! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card and tutorial Rachel, Px

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rachel
    Apologies for not visiting until now.
    You created a beautiful scene which has great depth to it. So lovely!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, love this scene and the colours, beautiful, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layered stencilling effects - what a gorgeous card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the stenciling. Great timely challenge, Rachel. Spring is here in my neck of the woods. I'm so not ready for bikini season! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Rachel! I must now keep my eye out for that Ali Reeve stencil as it's perfection. I'm not sure of the difference between grunge paste and others so will ask you what is the difference between that and other texture pastes, no hurry though? I love the tree stencil and need to get one like that too.
    Whatever products and tools the most important thing is that it's beautiful with wonderful texture and depth of colour Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx