My shining star

My shining star

Monday 28 March 2016

my past - wanderlust journal page

Happy Easter Monday! Did you all have a good Easter Sunday! We had a nice time - we did an easter egg trail in the house then went to church - the girls sang in the choir then did a hunt in the church and were presented with an egg for their choir duties! Nice touch I thought! Then we went off to see my mum and dad - my mum cooked a lovely roast dinner and she and the girls played monopoly! It was a lovely day.

Today I have a journal page that I made for my wanderlust journal - the theme this time was 'my past'... here's what I did....


My first thought was obviously for Shaun .... so I inked up the young lovers stamp from crafty Individuals. I've been looking for an excuse to use this and this seems perfect. Next I masked it off then added some ink to a gelli plate, spritzed and used a large mount to add this to the pages - I added more ink and went in again.


Once dry I added more stamping - some paperartsy, some crafty individuals and some Indigo blu - I wanted to use some of the chemistry lab set as an ex chemistry teacher that is very much part of my past.


I decided to colour in the girl image and leave the man uncoloured - to highlight the living and the deceased.


Not sure why this particular song popped in my head ... but there it is - and it seems appropriate.

So enjoy your holiday today - not sure what we're going to do .... I hope the weather's good.

Big hugs

Rachel xx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel, I love your page. So glad you and the girls had a lovely day yesterday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are beautiful Rachel and the Mary Hopkins words perfect.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect Rachel, I love your pages and how wonderful to keep those memories of Shaun alive in such a positive and beautiful way, well done you.
    Glad you've had a great Easter weekend.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely journal page Rachel, and the song title obviously captured your thoughts. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Rachel another fabulous journal page and the words are so very appropriate, I love the stamp of the couple walking hand in hand. This is a brilliant way to keep Shaun along side of you all too, pleased you had such a lovely Easter. Mmmmm never thought of a cowl as candy, it's a great idea, but as I'm not a quick knitter it wouldn't be this time around, but thanks for that, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal pages are fantastic Rachel. The song fits in so well with the stamp you used.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect pages Rachel which reflect so much your past. Brilliant idea about the non colouring of the male image too. The song fits so well too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really wonderful Rachel, the perfect choice of stamps and quote xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Rachel, a brilliant idea.
    I'm glad you and the girls had a lovely day - how is your Dad doing at the moment.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super fabulous journal Rachel... Love the whole design and colour combo.xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pages Rachel. Such artsy background and the stamped image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Rachel! I love the words & the symbolism of the colouring!
    Big Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page and love the image and how you decided to colour the figures-inspired and I love the song words
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page Rachel, love the inky background with all that gorgeous stamped detail and the way you coloured the couple is inspired. Sheer perfection hun Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx