My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Industrial at Countryview Crafts Challenge

Hello Lovelies - I can't believe its the first of March - how did that happen??? This year is already speeding away faster than ever - must be my age!

Today sees the start of a new challenge at countryviewchallenges - this month the theme has been set by the lovely Debs and is Industrial - In my first piece I went for a tag - I hope you like it:


I had lots of fun making this tag - I used distress paints to create the tag background - I blobbed several colours (salty ocean, shaded lilac, tumbled glass and weathered wood) onto a craft sheet, spritzed with water and then swooshed my tag through and then dried.


The flowers were created using metal-foil-tape-sheets from ranger and tattered-florals die -by-tim-holtz. I also used some industrial brads. The look was achieved using Tims industrious metal technique that involved using an embossing folder, the metal sheets and some black soot distress paint.  I also used the sizzix-frameworks-die---chevron also by Tim Holtz to cut the design at the bottom of the tag.

Lots of fun! I do hope you are inspired by my make and can manage to join us this month - you might win a £20 voucher to spend at countryviewcrafts!

Big hugs to you!

Rachel x

19 comments:

  1. That's fab, will have to give this theme some thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow brilliant, I love the embossed flowers, simply gorgeous. :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous tag Rachel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tag, love the added goodies too...nice..xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your industrial flowers Rachel! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag, Rachel! The metallic flowers are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous take on the challenge Rachel with those amazing industrial flowers, love your tag.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic tag Rachel. I love those metal flowers. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel - this tag is stunning! I really like the flowers ... another thing for my "to try" list!
    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Rachel!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous tag Rachel, brilliant metallic flowers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant tag and I love how you've made the flowers, super colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel a fabulous tag, love those flowers. Hope you and the girls are well.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous tag and materials Rachel.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tag Rachel love the metal flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like it, very much your flowers look amazing hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant Rachel, your flowers are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the contrast of the grungy metallic blooms against the blues! Gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx