My shining star

My shining star

Friday 4 July 2014

Use a full set of stamps at AVJ

Good morning to you! I hope you are well and happy! We are all good! Ready for another Friday! I have my make for the latest challenge at AVJ - A Vintage Journey. The challenge this time is to use a full set of stamps on one item - since the challenge requires that you use the techniques and style of Tim Holtz I decided to use one of his stamp sets - Mariposa. Here's what I made:


I started with a wooden hankie box holder that I bought from That Craft Place. To this I added black card and then layered on card that I had coloured up with distress paints and distress inks.


Once I had coloured the card I used most of the stamps from the set on it to create a background pattern. Then I cut the card to size and added to the box. On some extra card I did some more distress paints and then stamped the Mariposa butterfly and fussy cut it - I also stamped the pieces on the ends and cut and added them. The diecuts are from the Garden Greens set from Tim Holtz.


I'd like to enter this for the following challenges:

A vintage Journey:use-every-stamp-in-set
Sunday Stamper:pinkleart Wood

Hope you have a great Friday - I've got the gym and a class followed by gardening club - we'll be harvesting again this week. Whatever you're doing enjoy it! And thanks for dropping by today. Big Hugs rachel xx



25 comments:

  1. Stunning work Rachel, love the colours and the gorgeous stamps! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty box Rachel, you are clever sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel this is the prettiest tissue box I have ever seen. Your colours are lovely, and I like the repeat stamping all over it. Your leaves and butterflies you have cut out and mounted on the top of the box give it dimension, and I like the little butterfly that has just perched himself on the edge for a rest. This is a great way to use every stamp in this set. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Rachel, such wonderful stamping and I love the colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is beautiful, green isn't my fave colour though I am growing to like it more but I absolutely love this, great use of colours and stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Rachel this is stunning, I adore it, colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous,love the stamps and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning creation Rachel, and gorgeous colours too. I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is not the easiest set of stamps to use every one from Rachel but you have done a wonderful job! I love the gorgeous colour tones and the way the black edging makes the pieces pop. And then the beautiful butterflies on the top - they look fabulous. Love this. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at A Vintage Journey too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Rachel, I love the colour, Px

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so stunning Rachel. Love what you've done. Good Luck with the challenge. Hugs Rita . Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Rachel, this is fabulous and I love the stamps of choice. You can't go wrong with Tim! Love the colors as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Rachel, fabulous stamps and lovely colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning work Rachel, beautiful colours and images, have a super weekend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Rachel this is stunning, beautiful colours and images, hope you have a great weekend. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great decorated box Rachel love the colour and images -sorry not been round for a while but not been well this week and so much commenting to catch up on,should be back to normal now
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, beautiful colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this Rachel :-) the background and colours are stunning and I love the layered elements, which really add to the overall effect.

    Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey this fortnight
    Hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great box - I wouldn't want to use it in case I damaged it! The colouring is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful Rachel. Great colour and stamps used. I really must get myself one of these tissue holders and have a go.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truly gorgeous piece Rachel. Wonderfully fresh and alive. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fantastic way to put that stamp set through it's paces Rachel. Useful and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous alteration Rachel, love the colours you used... and the Stampers Anon Mariposa is on my very long neeeeeds list! Thanks for joining in with The Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful altered box, Rachel... the luscious greens are wonderful and all the stamping is fabulous. Love the dimensional butterflies on the top! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx