My shining star

My shining star

Friday 11 July 2014

Little Butterfly Lucy

Good morning to you - I hope you are well. Thanks for your kind comments yesterday - I'm very excited about todays make - its very bright - but I love it to pieces - I hope you do too. Its a layout for the challenge over at Scrap 365 where you have to use their sketch. Here's my layout first then I'll show you the sketch later. Have you got those sunnies on?

Here's the sketch I followed:


I took a piece of A3 Centura pearl and cut it to 12x12 size - it was actually 11.75 x 11.75.  Next I added bright distress stains (to match the colours in the photo) to my craft mat and spritzed them with water - then I swooshed the card through the paints. I tried to cover as much of the card as possible then dried with a heat gun. Next I applied distress ink to fill any gaps and give even more impact.




Next came the stamping - I used black versafine and a fluorish stamp from sheena douglass and a butterfly stamp from chocolate baroque. I then did some stencilling using the TH bubble stencil and some black dreamweaver embossing paste.


Then I stamped the title - and left everything to dry. Finally I used a white pen to add highlights - - I think this is so effective! I wish to enter my layout into the following challenges:


Thats all for today - I hope you have a wonderful Friday and I look forwars to seeing you again soon! Hugs Rachel xx

28 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rachel. Your colours and design work so well with that beautiful photo of Lucy.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first I have to say you had the most beautiful model...and then that you created a fabulous layout
    The colours are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW Rachel, absolutely stunning, the colours layout and of course Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Rachel,fab colours,love the photo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright, cheery and really beautiful and the photo of Lucy is wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stunning Rachel, what a fantastic backdrop to the wonderful photo of Lucy. I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning project with a beautiful model, love it all.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - I love those brights, and the way you've got the butterflies on the canvas echoing that amazing butterfly on Lucy's face - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic make Rachel :-) I love the amazing colours and design. Your daughter's photograph is beautiful

    TFS and crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright and stunning, Rachel! Beautifully interpreted. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It just looks fabulous Rachel and such fantastic colours. they go so well with the picture too.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous page and love the bright colours which compliment the beautiful picture
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Rachek just perfect to showcase the gorgeous picture of Lucy! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel, beautiful photo of Lucy, and her gorgeous butterfly face. Your layout is just perfect and fabulous colours and stamps, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous layout Rachel, such a wonderful photograph of Lucy.
    Have a great weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant Rachel and such a fun photo! Love how you picked up the colours of the face paints and carried on a similar design with your stamping! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing page and brilliant colors! Love the sweet, sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely fabulous - such a cute and sweet picture and the colours you've used are perfectly match to the face paints Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh now that's great Rachel. It really focuses the eye on lovely Lucy's face and those wonderful hot colours work beautifully with the butterflies and flourishes. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Rachel, what a stunning card, the colours are wonderful and the photo of Lucy is just the icing on the cake. Fabulous! Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your layout is fabulous and I love the bright color.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What an amazing layout! Love the burst of color and all the butterflies fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fab Rachel. Super photo and love the bright colours of the layout. Well done on getting guest designer at LC too. Looking forward to it.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely strong colors!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap365 <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. love it! background colors are fab! thank you for playing along with us at Scrap 365!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great photo Rachel & I love the colours!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooh, stunning background, especially the flourish stamps! Thank you so much for joining in the Scrap 365 Sketch Challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx