My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Fave Occasion at Creative Inspirations

Hello lovelies! How are you? I am well and happy and ready for a new day! Its the last Rainbows of the season tonight so that will be one less thing to worry about next week! Woohoo - more crafty time!!! Lol!!!

Today there is a new challenge at Creative Inspirations - the theme this week is to make a card for your fave occasion - mine is birthdays and I used the latest stamp from the Little Claire stamp Club to make a masculine birthday card:



I made the background using distress inks (ripe persimmon, dried marigold, mustard seed) then stamped in versafine on top. The stamps are wonderful this month and really right up my street - I'm hoping the ones I ordered from the new silhouettes come today!!!! Exciting!!! 



This week's prize is from MY MUMS CRAFT SHOP and is a £10 GIFT CERTIFICATE!


I hope you can link up and play along with our challenge this week!

Thanks for dropping by and for any comments you leave - they make my day!

Big Crafty Hugs

Rachel xx

23 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Rachel, perfect for a male gardener.
    Love the colours.
    Enjoy your day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Rachel, I love these silhouette stamps. Another amazing background! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully warm summer colours Rachel and a stamp I need to check out I think.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the stamps and wonderful sunny colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this silhouette image Rachel, perfect masculine card. Your background inking is gorgeous too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Rachel. Love the colours of the background and a perfect male card.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Rachel, stunning colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel, fabulous card, loving your colours and the image is wonderful. Not done anything with my stamp yet, sitting in my to use pile, have a great day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The silhouette stamping looks gorgeous against that wonderful background you created Rachel! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Gorgeous scene! The sunset colours look dreamy! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this gorgeous scene and the colours you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Rachel and I know you will have fun with the new stamps sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, fabulous colours and image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning and I love that glowing sun background, it sets off the black stamping so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks fabulous Rachel and such beautiful colour
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Rachel, such a fabulous silhouette image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous, love it.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, love the gorgeous orange!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab colours and love the silhouette stamps... lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the golden sunshine you've captured here - a perfect backdrop for those lovely silhouettes - great card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the sunny coloured background and great silhouette image
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a great card I just love the colours and the image, it seems like a sunset, on holiday!!Super!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love the colours! The stamps are fab too - I really love silhouette stamps as you can let yourself loose and use bright colours which are then muted by the silhouette! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx