My shining star

My shining star

Monday 7 July 2014

Clarity Stencil Club

Hello lovelies! How are you today? I hope you are well and happy! Thanks for your comments yesterday on my bag and card - you really are very kind and I appreciate each and everyone! I will try and get pictures of the girls with their costumes on very soon and post them - promise!

Today I want to share with you my make using the first Clarity stencil club stencil. I've also been playing with the gelli plate too - something I will be doing at coffee pot later too!



I started off making a backprint on the gelli plate - I did a titanium white first print then added red and yellow acrylic paint to the gelli plate. Then I added the two leaves on the front to remove the paint from the gelli then took the print. When this was dry I used the stencil and added grunge paste through it. Once dry I added adirondack inks to the grunge paste with the stencil back in place using stencil brushes. 


I added the stamped sentiment from Clarity (Maya Angelou) then matted and layered everything. I think I like this one - not entirely sure - what do you think? It certainly was fun to do!!!

Anyway I would like to enter this into the following challenges including this first one that I just found out about:



Mixed Media Challengethemixedmediacardchallenge: A touch of nature
Clarity Challenge Julyclaritystampchallenge: AG
CVCcountryviewchallenges: Stencil it
MMCSmymumscraftshop: Summer or bright colours

Hope you have a great day! Will try and add some details of our gelli plate session at coffee pot today later in the week!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs

Rachel x



37 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rachel, the colours and textures are wonderful and I love the sentiment too. It certainly looks like it was fun to do!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Rachel, love the rich colours and a great stencil too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stencil work Rachel, great fairy below and picture of your girls.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of different elements, fab make

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Rachel, fab stencil. Can we have a session with the gelli plate too one day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous,love the stencil.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab make Rachel, love the colours!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stencil Rachel, absolutely beautiful creative card.xx
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Rachel and great effects! Have fun playing with the Gelli plate later!! Look forward to see what you will make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, gorgeous Rachel, I love the colours and the bird stencil.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours and textures, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, fantastic make, the colours and textures are wonderful, loving it all, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel. Beautiful gelli plate background paste stenciling ... love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful love the colours and texture
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so clever with the Gelli plate Rachel and your card is beautiful! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great background and I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant, I love the colours and great design

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A brilliant design Rachel and fab colours too. Thanks for joining in with our Clarity Challenge and good luck....hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the colours Rachel, great textural look too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the colours and lovely sentiment.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful background for the amazing birds! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another stunning gelli project Rachel! The birds are gorgeous and I love the colors in your background.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great work with that stencilling Rachel. So pleased you found that challenge too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very jealous of your Gelli plate lol! I love that bird stencil and the way you have coloured this is fabulous! Need that bird stencil, it wants to come live with me to be used with my Pans! You are rocking the Gelli Rachel and I love seeing what you create with it. It may have to be a Crimbo present for me this year as I don't think I can pretend about not needing it any longer lol! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is super Rachel. Love the colours and use of techniques. I have a gelli plate but not used it yet.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous texturing on this one :) Thank you for sharing with MMCC !

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful MM card!! thanks for playing along with us at the MMCC Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the glamorous shimmer and gorgeous colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Clarity stencils are fabulous and I love the way you've used your club stencil for this project.
    Thank you very much for entering the Clarity Challenge and Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Rachele,
    Great pulls from the gelli plate, I am loving the layers you have created, the stencil work is fabulous.
    Thank you very much for joining us this month at CVC.
    Smiles::
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous colours and it really looks like you had a lot of fun making this card! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful colours and lots of texture too. Hope you have enjoyed entering the Clarity Challenge, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is beautiful :) the gelli plate BG with the shimmer looks awesome, thank you for sharing with MMCC !

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous results with your gelli plate and stencil! You created such wonderful layers color and texture. Rachel thanks for playing in the 1st Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW! So cool! Love what you have done with gelli plate and stencil!
    Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again in August!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very cool card! Love how you used gelli plate to create the fab background!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations Rachel on being my highlighted card for the 1st Mixed Media Card Challenge! Hope to see your work in August!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx