My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 3 July 2014

Indigo blu: Tag you're it

Morning lovelies! How are you today? I hope you are well and happy! We're all okay - the girls went on their end of year school trips yesterday - both had lots of fun and a great day .... they really do seem to go out and about lots - which has got to be good for them! I had a very hot and sweaty run - it was only 6 miles but it felt much longer than the 8 and 1/2 miles I did on Sunday morning - probably because it was later in the day and the heat was a big difficulty for me! Anyway - the training is going well! I'm running the Great North Run for St Johns Hospice in Lancaster this year. If you are able to sponsor me here's the link to my justgiving page. The run is in September - so there's a way to go yet!

The project for today is my entry to the Indigo Blu challenge - the theme this time is Tag it. Here's what I did:


I've used stamps from a set of indigo blu stamps and also the main image that is a smaller stamp image on its own.


I started with a kraft tag and used distress inks on it then dried. I did another piece of white card too and then went bacl to the tag. Next I stamped the main image with versamark on the tag and set the image using black wow powder and a heat gun. Then I stamped the image on the distress coloured white card and fussy cut the flowers/butterfly. Finally I stamped an additional butterfly and the words and then cut these out and stuck them onto the base tags.

I'd like to enter this tag into the following challenges:

Indigo Blu: indigoblublogchallengeTag you're it
Unruly Paperartsunrulypaperarts: Summer Fiesta
MMCSmymumscraftshop: Summer or bright colours


Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Big hugs to you and hope to see you again soon!

Rachel x


25 comments:

  1. Brilliant tag Rachel! Love the black embossing behind the flowers! Great summery colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the black embossed background, wonderful colours with beautiful flowers and butterflies too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous tag Rachel such stunning colours! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag Rachel, beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous tag Rachel, I love the hot summery colours.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel this is awesome i so want to play with powders and distressing maybe during the school holidays. I even bought some gesso in mat and sparkle. What is the sparkle all about. Oh running in this weather you are all brave.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the colourful flowers against the beautiful embossed background Rachel, it certainly brightens up a very dull day! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag, love the shine and the gorgeous embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel your tag is fantastic, love everything about it. Wonderful colours and your embossing is wow, beautiful butterflies, hugs Katex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag Rachel. Fab images and colours.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag Rachel, I love the colour & all the flowers & butterflies!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors with the black, really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tag Rachel, love the background and the beautiful flowers. Pleased the girls enjoyed their trip. Not long now before they all break up for the summer hols.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous tag Rachel, I love your embossed background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely explosion of summer colour on this tag. Thank you so much for joining us at Unruly Paper Arts Readers' Art Quest this month, Rachel.Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tag, thanks for sharing it with the IbdigoBlu Challenge
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag Rachel, love the rich colours you've used with the black it looks fab
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rachel, beautifully coloured tag, blends brilliantly. Thanks for joining us at Indigoblu this month.
    NIkki K.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely summery tag, thanks for joining in with the Indigoblu challenge this month :-) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous tag... love the bright colours. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your tag!

    Thanks for joining in the IndigoBlu Tag challenge!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great tag, thank you for joining in our Indigoblu challenge, Laura x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab tag. Thanks for joining our RAQ over at Unruly PaperArts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am loving how the black embossed background makes these colors pop. Such a beautiful and summery tag. Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly PaperArts this month and Good Luck! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx