My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 6 July 2014

Fairytale scene at Craft a scene

Afternoon all! I hope you feeling well and happy! Its my second post for the day - and this one is for Craft a scene - I do love this particular challenge - its all about a fairytale scene - so something either from fairytales or that has fairies in it! But it needs to be a scene - check out the challenge blog here for details.

I used the fairy stamps from the June stamp set for Chocolate baroque to make my card - this is the one I gave to my mum for her recent birthday.


Firstly I masked off the moon then used the clarity masks to make the background - using an old big a juicy pad and my brayer. Next I stamped the images using archival black - then did some faux bleaching to lift the colour from the flowers. Finally I used distress pens to add some colour to the stems and to ground the fairy. I also stamped and added the butterfly.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

A little bit craftypaulaholifieldcrafts: its magic
sss Monsimonsaysstampblog: white in your design

Here's a few pictures from yesterday - here are the girls in the morning after I had done their hair for the show:


As you can see they were very excited! This one is before the evening show - I took it in the changing rooms where I was helping before anyone else came in - they didn't have the full costume on but I didn't want to take any piccies with other children there! You have to be so careful. This was their Mary Poppins number - supercalifragilistic ... you know the rest!

Photo: getting ready for round two x


Hope to see you again soon and thanks for visiting today! Hugs rachel xx


25 comments:

  1. You've created some fabulous projects while I've been away and this one is no exception. Love that background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, i love this card, it is absolutely beautiful, colours, images and design are fab, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Rachel, freshias are my favorite flowers (I carried them on my wedding day) and they work so well with the beautiful fairy.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fab card, love the silhouette image
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Rachel, and lovely pics. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Rachel and you have created a lovely scene. The girls look great and hope the shows went okay.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the scene you have created. Beautiful photos of your girls.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card Rachel, a gorgeous scene. The girls look great, hope they enjoyed the show. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, I love the silhouette effect with the moon behind it. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful Rachel and the pics of the girls are lovely too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is really beautiful hun and that is one super picture of the girls hun hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card & two beautiful girls!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Rachel. I love the way you have created the background. the colours are gorgeous and the stamps are beautiful.
    Your girls look beautiful too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachel
    You beautifully captured an ethereal feeling to this stunning card.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    Sweet children.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the silhouette image and fabulous background.
    The girls look fabulous, I hope you all had a lovely evening.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card Rachel and love the photos of the girls. thank you for your kind words on my blog too. Hugs Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, beautiful card, love the gorgeous background! Sweet pictures, real treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pics of the girls and love the card, just gorgeous.xx
    aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, gorgeous card, love the pic of the girls.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply beautiful card Rachel and I love it, photo's are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and beautiful daughters
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is very pretty and so are your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The girlies look stunning - such a beautiful pair of girls Rachel!
    Love, love, this card! Need the stamps - stunning, will get out my faerie stamps to have a play soon Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow gorgeous card, beautiful scene.
    Thank you sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx