My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Foilplay

Good morning lovelies - this is a scheduled post - I should hopefully be in the land of nod in Germany when this goes live - hopefully I'll be in Germany anyway!!!

Today I want to show you a tag I have made for the DT at foilplay.  Its not a regular slot - I have to make 4 pieces between now and Christmas and its the short of flexibility that definitely suits me!!
I've chosen to use the double sided sticky sheets, gilding flakes and vintage foiling kit with gluepen that they sell to make my tag. I also used a couple of kanban ready foiled birds too plus the garden greens die and dylusions sentiment stamp from my own stash.



To make the tag I cut the sticky sheet to the same size as the tag then stuck it on the tag. I peeled off the second side and added the flake, rubbed off the excess and shone up with a scootchy foam piece. Then I die cut the leaves and used the pen to add detail in glue, allowed it to dry then did the foiling - I was very impressed with how easily it worked! Then I put the rest of the tag together.

I hope you like this and might give foiling a go!

Rachel xx

24 comments:

  1. Rachel a beautiful Tag. Love your use of the gliding flakes and that sentiment.
    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Rachel,
    Did you get on the right plane?! Well you are certainly in Germany!!!
    Love your "tag" you made a good job of using the Gilding Flakes ..... unlike me!!,
    The sentiment is so true and just perfect for you today
    Have a great holiday
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the foiling..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of foil Rachel, looks super ..xx♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start


    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shiny tag Rachel, love the foiling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great intensity and depth to you gorgeous tag Rachel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning tag Rachel, love the foiling! Hope you got a good night's sleep.. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Anne - it was a very late night - we are all shattered today but having fun xx Hugs xx

      Delete
  8. Wonderful foiling Rachel and a gorgeous tag. Hope you had a good flight yesterday.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful project, Rachel - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW what a fab tag Rachel !! Hope you all have a fabulous time in germany sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Gill - you are very welcome - looking forward to doing the next one xx

      Delete
    2. oops - this is Diane - sorry Diane - having issues with computer!! Hugs rachel xx

      Delete
  11. A gorgeous tag Rachel, I love the gilding.
    I hope you are having fun in Germany.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag Rachel, love the design. Enjoy your holiday.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel, the effect you achieved is stunning, simply very gorgeous indeed.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and so different - love it! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous tag great sentiment and love the gilding flakes and foiling-I have tried it once over a year ago :) hope you had a safe flight and enjoy Germany-my son loved it when he was stationed there in the RAF
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super pretty, love the metallic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous tag Rachel. Love all the gilding and foiling.
    mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx