My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 27 October 2013

New release at Crafty sentiments: Christmas rush

Hello lovelies - its time for me to show you the new release at Crafty Sentiments called Christmas Rush and you can get it here. It was in the shop on the 22nd but the day to show you this little beauty is today. Three of us from the DT (the mulled wine drinkers) were charged with coming up with a a common theme each and adding it to our projects. See if you can work out our common elements on the inspirational blog here. Here's my make:






This is a money box for helping me save for Christmas - woo hoo - I definitely need it! Anyway - so what have I done? The box was from the MDF man and was painted with gesso then pebeo acrylic paint. I stamped some script then used an imagination craft stencil called 'the clearing' with sparkle medium. The roof was tiled with sequins and the brass star on the front was covered with versamark and lilac wow powders were added. and heat set. The stamp was coloured with promarkers and fussy cut and added to the moneybox.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

WOWwowembossingpowder: Stars and stripes- I have one star and a striped roof)
Crafty Catz: craftycatzweeklychallengeSpots and stripes ( my spots are in stripes)
Crafty Ribbonscraftyribbonschallenge: ABAC
aud sentimentsaudsentimentschallengeblog: Christmas
Allsorts CBallsortschallenge: Treemendous
Sweet Stampinsweetstampinchallengeblog: wood, trees and leaves
craft-roomchallenge: stencil or mask

Thanks for joining me today and hope to see you again soon!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

30 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel this is gorgeous you are such a talented girl, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Rachel, what a wonderful project, love the scene and a fab showcase for the adorable new image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Rachel this is gorgeous, I just love it. The images around the birdhouse are wonderful and the colours are lovely. It would make a great gift too. You are very marvellously talented, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous box Rachel. I love the idea of a money box , especially one so beautifully decorated like this one. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous,love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy altering all of these boxes Rachel. This one is another stunner.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely piece, great use of colour and I love the stamping. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the sweet image and pretty colours. It must have taken you ages to stick on all those sequins but well worth it as the effect is fabulous.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love your sweet image, fabulous scene and all of your brilliant details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continuing in c&p mode until my hands and fingers are better and I can type properly again, but have to still visit everyone to see what they are up to and say hello.

    Would fit in al Allsorts this week !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome project, Rachel! Love the cute image and your beautiful scene! What a wonderful money holder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous money box. Love the gorgeous colours and the stencilled images are stunning, great colouring on the little lass too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel, love this money box, it would make a lovely Christmas present for a little girl.!! :) Love the stencilled images you have used and the colours are fab !
    Guess what Rachel - our little Grandson won the pumpkin competition at school lols !! and I said I thought he wouldn't have much of a chance !! He is thrilled. Have a good week. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Rachel, such a fabulous idea. Love the images of the deer and trees too! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG so funny project,,,,,,so cute,,,,,what a great idea,,,,,love it, love it,.Thanks for your comments at Brenda`s Blog abut my Christmas images,,,so feel free to ask me your favo product from all my stuff for free, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous money box, love the colour and the roof looks spectacular. I love the image too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clever idea and great way to saving money! Hope you can fill it to the brim!

    ReplyDelete
  18. brilliant money box and I agree with previous comments -would make a good Christmas pressie
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous and wonderful creation thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fab idea :)
    Lovely!
    Thanks for entering my challenge at Crafty Ribbons Challenge
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute birdhouse! Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' challenge and hope to see you again next week! --Gail, SS DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I love OTP projects and this is very clever. Off to check out the common theme. Congrats on a cool project and thanks for playing along with WOW Embossing Powders

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous project and a great idea too. Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is lovely Rachel and such a good idea. Think we could all do with a saving box for christmas lol.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great idea! love this. So glad you shared it with us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely idea.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great idea! I never have enough money for Christmas!!!
    Thanks for joining in at Aud Sentiments this week.

    kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  29. A wonderful project, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx