My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 10 October 2013

A new Lavinia stamp and playtime results from Tuesday

Good morning Lovelies! Hasn't it turned cold? It felt really chilly when I went for a run yesterday morning - at the start at least lol!!!!!

Today I've got a card to show you that I made using a new Lavinia stamp that I bought at the Harrogate show....this was my over budget purchase - I just couldn't resist!!!


I've used an A6 clarity card and masked the moon - brayered the land - then masked and brayered the sky using the spice big and juicy ink pad. Then I stamped the geese in black archival and the leafy fronds which are Lavinia too. I've added a sentiment then mounted onto black card that has been run through an A4 sheena embossing folder and touched up with treasure gold. Finally I added a bow.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Lavinia:laviniastamps Autumn
Feeling Craftyfeelingcraftychallenge: Autumn
Heck of a challengeheckofachallenge: Autumn
polkadoodlespolkadoodle: Autumn
sweet stampin:sweetstampinchallengeblog Autumn
allsortsallsortschallenge: autumn
stamping sensations:sirstampalotchallenge all creatures great and small

I'd also like to show you the card I made on Tuesday afternoon with my mum using the sheena oriental tutorial DVD.



I've used the same embossing folder in the background but the tag was made using radiant rains in the background and versamark and black embossing powder for the silhouettes. Both me and mum have enjoyed doing these and we've got one more to finish off today!!!!

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by!

Big Hugs
Rachel xx

29 comments:

  1. Oh so chilly here as well Rachel and really windy to go with it.

    Two lovely card, the background on the second is really effective but do love those Geese on the first.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations adn Allsorts challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards Rachel! I can see why you went over budget with this stamp its a corker I can almost hear them honking from here. How lucky you are to be able to craft with your mum! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are stunning Rachel.. I love the image and colours on your first card. The background on your second card looks amazing!
    I hope you have a good day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards,love them both.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore those geese Rachel, wish I had bought them now, both cards are beautiful. Looking forward to this afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. The geese stamp is lovely Rachel, you really could not leave that behind.... love what you have done with it, the silhouette is so effective. Love your second card too, have not used Radiant Rain for ages - thanks for the reminder. Very cold here too - a proper Autumn day. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both so gorgeou Rachel, I love your colours and how you do your background. Wonderful Lavinia image, no wonder you went over budget. It's just lovely that you and your mum share your love of crafting, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! Rachel I just adore the first card. I love Lavinia Stamps, always have and the background is great. Your second card is just stunning, I love it ! Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two stunning cards Rachel, I just love the technique you've used for the backing card.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these are stunning Rachel. I love those geese, so cute! The Sheena technique card is gorgeous, right up my street x

    ReplyDelete
  11. both are beautiful love the oriental one myself
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, love them both, thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Crafty Challenge this month, good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those Geese!! thanks for all your support at the Lavinia Challenge Rachel.
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! Love the look of silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, both gorgeous.....especially love the tag on the 2nd one!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're both fabulous Rachel, lovely cards :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous project. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two gorgeous cards Rachel. Love the colours in both of them and the techniques used.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous cards, Rachel. The one with the geese is my favourite!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card with the geese. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two fabulous cards Rachel, I love the geese and of course the gorgeous embossed Sheena image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bothe beautiful cards and love all the images and texture
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yep, cold here too. Summer is definitely over for another year. I love the effect you get with gilding waxes on embossed background. I normally use the cosmic shimmer ones, but you are tempting me with the treasure gold, have found my waxes going harder lately! Fabulous card, thanks for the inspiration and for joining in with us this month at Stamping Sensations. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab cards here....especially the Lavinia one ;-) Good luck in our Autumn challenge.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those geese are so cute! Lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow fabulous card. Love those geese
    Thanks for joining us at Heck of a challenge this month
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. well worth pushing the boat out for - brilliant cards! Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx