My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 13 October 2013

Craft a scene week2: foul weather and a bird in flight

Morning all! I hope you are well! And thanks for the lovely comments on the faux cloisonne technique. It really is easy - give it a try.

I'll be going to pick Lucy up from the Brownie camp later this morning - no texts or phone calls from the leaders so I can only assume that all went well. And Penny got her tap shoes yesterday so she's happy.


So its week two over at craftascene - the theme is foul weather with a bird in flight - my weather is so foul that you can hardly see the bids - but they're there! Honest!


I've not added a sentiment yet - not sure where this one will be going so I'll keep it for the time that's right!
The stamps are mostly from Sheena Douglass when she was with Creative Expressions - the castle I think is based on one on the NE coast - the rain came from a more recent set as Sheena Douglass herself - the clouds I think came from a village scene set.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

2 sisters2sisterschallengeblog: anything goes
Stampin for the weekendstampinfortheweekend: Anything goes
sisterhood of craftersthesisterhoodofcrafters: anything goes
simon says stamp wednesday challenge:simonsaysstampblog stamping
crafty bloggers networkcraftybloggersnetwork: anything goes

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon.

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

25 comments:

  1. Stunning Rachel, wouldn't like to be out in that weather. Sure Lucy will have had a good time and have lots to tell you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely stunning card Rachel. The details and the colours are marvellous. Enjoy your Day with both girls back in the fold. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Rachel. I love the design and fabulous colours.
    I bet you are looking forward to picking Lucy up and hearing about what she has been up to!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great scene Rachel, it's raining like your scene here in kent at the moment. Hope that Lucy had a super time at brownie camp.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Rachel, so atmospheric, great stamping and colours to achieve the dramatic look.
    have a great day, just think of all the wonderful storie your wee one will have to tell, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  6. great scene if I look out my window it is not that pretty will look at yours instead
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous....fabulous scene and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scene, looks like they are having lots of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unique topic - it turned out great! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very atmospheric, reminds me a bit of Bamburgh Castle which is in the North East, so maybe that was her inspiration. Would not want to be out in that weather. Hope Lucy had a lovely time. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Rachel, I think Redanne is right, it does look like Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland. The weather can get really bad there. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Rachek, I can almost feel that wind and rain. Lucy will have had a ball, we all worry over them and they come home full of " we did this and we did that" and if you are lucky you get a " I missed you"

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Rachel, fabulous scene - just right for our weather today. I hope Lucy had a great time.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, it must be Bamburgh Castle that inspired Sheena as in the winter months it often looks like that! It's absolutely beautiful. Your card and the castle. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, it must be Bamburgh Castle that inspired Sheena as in the winter months it often looks like that! It's absolutely beautiful. Your card and the castle. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card Rachel! Really atmospheric I am reaching for my umbrella as I look at it! Hope Lucy had a fabulous time, I am sure she did! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous Rachel, it makes me want to put my jumper on!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Think you have the theme spot on Rachel and I did have fun spotting your flying birds which are there !! Great dramatic card !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh fab scene Rachel, love it :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rachel, a great card. I can almost feel the wind and rain lashing against the castle walls ! I'm sure Lucy will be tucked up in bed now having had a very exciting time at brownie camp. I can remember when mine went to cub scouts camp and I worried until they were back but I needn't have worried as they had had a fabulous time, feeling very grown up without Mum and Dad for the first time. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome creation Rachel!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card and layout, thanks for joining us at SFTW challenge, good luck cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've created a fabulous scene!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another fantastic card Rachel love the scene and our weather looked like that today!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A stunning card Rachel.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx