My shining star

My shining star

Friday 4 October 2013

Josies card and my fishy tutorial card.

Good morning lovelies - how are you today? Good I hope. Things here are good. I went to a meeting last night after Lucy had been to Brownies - it was the final meeting before a Brownie holiday - not this weekend - but the weekend after. She's so excited bless her - 2 nights away from home with her friends - for the first time without mum!!!! She's growing fast.

Today I've got the 18th birthday card I made for my niece Josie who lives in Germany. She wants to be an actress and is very arty.



The stamp is from Lavinia and the paper - omgosh - I can't remember - I was going to say basic gray but thats not right - sorry! The flowers were made using the tattered florals die and the card shape was cut using an arch shaped die in centura pearl card. I've distressed the edges with bundled sage on the papers and the image.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Sunday stamperpinkleart: Keys
MAWTTmovingalongwiththetimes: AG
Penny'spennyschallenges : AG
Inky Chicks:inkychicks 2 different die cuts - the card shape and the topper
Glitternsparkleglitternsparklechallengeblog: add metal

I've got yesterdays card to show you that I made from the tutorial on the sheena cd - me and my mum had such fun and I adore the card we made - here it is:




Its done exactly as detailed on the CD except I made the background as I haven't yet bought the papers. That was just done by stamping in versamark and embossing in clear powder the small fish image - then using faded jeans DI to rub all over the image which resists.

Hope you have a great Friday - I'm busy - when am I not - but tomorrow is a fun day with my mum again - we're off to Harrogate - can't wait!!!

Before I go - must just tell you about the new Harriet stamp from Crafty Sentiments called Witchy's ride. She's fab and is on special price until next Wednesday at Crafty Sentiments shop here.





Big Hugs

Rachel xx

18 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel, love Josies card, didn't realise she was 18. Didn't we have fun yesterday and I love my finished card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~Fabby card, she will love it... love the shape too! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous card Rachel !! your niece will absolutely love this card, especially if as you say, she is an arty person. It is really great. Have a good weekend. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Both cards are gorgeous Rachel. I love the image and fabulous shape of your first card.
    The card you made with your mum looks beautiful. the colours looks amazing.
    I hope your day goes well
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards Rachel. I love the arch shape its fab! Beautiful colours on the fish one too! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more wonderful Rachel creations! Love the colors combo of both cards and interesting design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rachel, what wonderful cards, love the birthday card, so unusual, and the beautiful carp card I just love too, wonderful design.

    Have a great time at Harrogate, so envious of all these craft fairs down your way, not so lucky here in boony Scotland. Hugs kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous 18th card Rachel and I love your fishy card, beautiful background as always.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's is one seriously gorgeous 18th birthday card - I bet she'll love it. Enjoying seeing what you are creating with Sheena's new goodies, love that fish and the background is fab! Enjoy Harrogate, am green with envy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful card Rachel, I love the first with the Lavinia stamps and the second. I have the stamps and DVD but ashamed to say not had time to use either of them yet.

    Sue x Have fun at Horrogate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards hun, they're fab... oh, and those papers are Bo Bunny - I've got them too, one of my fave pads :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your 18th card Rachel, you have done a beautiful job on those flowers. The fish is lovely too, every bit as lovely as the ones Sheena showed. Missing Harrogate this time.... sigh, hope you and your Mum have fun though. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card
    Thanks for joining us this week at Moving along with the times
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure your niece will love her card and the fish card is so cool!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two gorgeous cards Rachel. I am sure you niece will adore her card.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. two beautiful cards ,the fish look great but I love the first beautiful image and pretty papers-hope Lucy enjoys her weekend away
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both awesome makes, I love the effect of the fish in the water

    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx