My shining star

My shining star

Friday 25 October 2013

A hankie box cover for my mum

Good morning lovelies! I do hope you are well and I want to thank you for all of your wonderful comments yesterday - I was very pleased with my box but even more so after your kind words so thankyou very much!

I've got another box to share with you on this day - the first day of the holidays for my two little munchkins. Its a hankie box and I made it whilst at my mums - and she has claimed it so she must like it!!!





I started with a black box from the MDF man and painted it with gesso then with orange pebeo acrylic paint. Once dry I added the crafty individuals stencil onto each side and the top and used black dreamweaver embossing paste through the stencil. This process was done it batches leaving it to dry between sides. Once this was done I used distress inks (spiced marmalade, scattered straw, walnut stain) to create a background and then used the Crafty Individuals create a meadow stamp set to add pictures to the squares I had cut out of the backround. I stuck these into the pattern then stamped the heartfelt creations stamp firstly with versamark on black card and added copper kettle embossing powder. Secondly with versa on the remaining background paper and black embossing powder. Then I used the die to cut these out and made flowers to sit on the top of the box.

I'd like to enter this box into the following challenges:

Crafty Individuals:craftyindividualsblog October Inspired- this is the colours of October for me!
2 sisters CB2sisterschallengeblog: Halloween colours
pan pastelpanpasteluk: autumn colours
simon says stampsimonsaysstampblog: Halloween colours
crafty ribbonscraftyribbonschallenge: ABAC
Crafty little fairiescraftylittlefairieschallenge: AG
PCJpaper-craftingjourney: AG

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon!

Big Hugs

Rachel x

28 comments:

  1. Wonderful Rachel !! You are so clever !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this look gorgeous Rachel.....well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why your mum claimed it, it's gorgeous, wonderful colours and stamped images, the flowers on top are beautiful. Your skill at making backgrounds is fantastic.
    Have a great day, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic box!
    Thanks for joining in my challenge over at Crafty Ribbons Inspirations
    Laura
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Rachel no wonder your mum claimed it!

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, another stunner Rachel. I think I like this one more than yesterday's, no wonder you're Mum claimed it. Gorgeous rich colours and I love the stenciling on the sides and top.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is stunning Rachel, I can see why your mum loves it. The colours and details are gorgeous.
    I hope you are having a good day
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful Rachel, love the colours and the stencilling looks fantastic. The box from the previous post is really pretty too, so clever :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow gorgeous hankie box! Excellent results, no wonder your mother wants it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Rachel, gorgeous colour - I'm not surprised your mum has claimed it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic box Rachel, no wonder your Mum claimed it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning. Love the embossing paste - it gives it such depth and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Rachel, absolutely gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fabulous creation Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Rachel, love these colours which epitomises Autumn for me too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning box - love the colour and the black ! Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge for October. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful box and I have to say that the touches of black is a clever idea. She will absolutely love this.
    Rachel, thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals Challenge with this second entry.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Rachel, this is so beautiful! Absolutely love it :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Rachel, I'm not surprised your Mum has claimed it lols.!!!!! Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful Rachel. Gorgeous colour and detail.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning Rachel I really love it and no wonder your mum claimed it! I have had one of these sat under my desk for a couple of years waiting to be done! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another beautifully decorated box in lovely colours. The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunning box love the colour and decoration-i have just made Tasha one but just out of card and papers -love this one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful box, I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a stunning box, the orange with the black stenciling is so striking and makes a perfect home decor item. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous work! Nice! Thanks for joining the Paper Crafting Journey.

    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx