My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Hello baby at Crafters Companion

Good morning lovelies! I hope you are well. We're all good and definitely ready for half term which starts here on Friday.

I had a good day with my ladies yesterday - we did the shaving foam and ink background method again and then made butterflies using film and fibre and put the two things together to make bookmarks:


I had a lovely evening too - i went down to a pampered chef evening in the village at a friends house. It was a 'pink' evening so all the 'commission' went to breast cancer - and we did have a lovely time too!!!!

Anyway - onto my post for today - this months challenge at crafters companion is baby - so i've made a baby card for my cousin in america whose wife is expecting their second child.



The image is from the party paws range - the sentiment and baby stamp are all on the same stamp sheet. I've coloured the image with promarkers and used spellbinders dies to cut the image. There's twine in the buttons and the paper is from my stash. I'm hoping my good blog buddy carol hasn't got her promarkers out trying to colour in my wallpaper - lol!!! Brilliant idea carol - it is distracting isn't it?

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges;
Crafters companioncrafterscompanion; Baby
Totally Gorjusstotallygorjuss: String
Fussy and Fancyfussyandfancychallenge: Celebration

thanks for dropping by today and i hope to see you again soon! Big Hugs rachel xx

21 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel looks like you all had fun and what a wonderful technique the finished bookmarks look amazing! Beautiful baby card today for your cousin and his wife! So much nicer to receive a hand made one. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet baby card Rachel....looks like your all having a great time round the table, fab looking results xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, gorgeous bookmarks, what wonderful colours. I've no notion what a shaving foam technique is, but the end result looks fab and it looks like you all had great fun.

    Your new baby card is just so Sweet, lovely image and design.

    what is a pamperd chef night? Anyway enjoy it, have a great day, hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bookmarks Rachel, shaving foam is a great technique you get such random results. I love your baby card too.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The results of the shaving foam technique look wonderful, not surprised your ladies love it so much. The baby card is delightful, that panda is so cute! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bookmarks Rachel, looks like you all had fun. Wonderful baby card, I'm sure David and Caroline will love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bookmarks look wonderful, sounds like a fun technique to try.
    Your card is gorgeous, adorable image and beautiful design
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so so cute Rachel, love it
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bookmarks and your card.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful loving the layout and the colours just gorgeous and looks like you had fun
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous card Rachel, such a sweet image, looks like you had fun with your ladies - sounds a bit messy to me!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tags look great! Love the sweet baby card and the sentiment is so precious, great for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel promarkers in the drawer lol-I was just telling my daughter about what I put about colouring your wallpaper and then I read it on your post lol she said I am sad cheeky get!!!I love this image and great backing paper -love those die frames
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bookmarks Rachel and a super cute baby card too. I've just had to buy some shaving foam for one of next years design team projects lol! Talk about coincidence and great minds. Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous bookmarks Rachel, I haven't done that technique in quite a while, you can get some amazing backgrounds. A beautiful baby card too with a cute image.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable! i really love your image :)

    Thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy!
    Laila aka koneko

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh gorgeous bookmarks hun,and great too see you all having such a great time hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute card and the bookmarks look lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful new baby card Rachel. Looks like you and your ladies had a fab time and some lovely bookmarks.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a stunning baby card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafter's Companion Challenge.
    Laine - DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, thank you for joining us over at Crafters Companion
    Hugs Debbie
    http://debscraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx