My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 3 October 2013

Autumn at Little Claire and a crafternoon with mum

Good morning lovelies - I hope you're feeling well and happy. If not have a big hug from me!!!!!

Its mad Thursday today - always busy but the lovely thing is a planned crafternoon with my mum - we're going to do another sheena tutorial - we did one on Tuesday - too - it was a relatively quick one involving embossing and inky fun. This is what I made:



It was a quick one to do - the card blank was embossed with the A4 maple leaf folder. A sheet of centura pearl was embossed with the 5x7 birds folder and cut to size. Another piece of centura pearl was inked with a mixture of distress inks and cosmic shimmer mist sprays applied with a sponge then embossed and the relief was inked with stazon. That's about it but a technique I will use again!

My other card for today had been made with the Little Claire challenge in mind - there is a sketch and the theme is autumn.


I've used a topper I won from Little Claire's august challenge and papers from hunkydory. The leaf diecuts are all from spellbinders.
I'd like to enter this card into the Little Claire Autumn challenge littleclairesdesigns

Thanks for dropping by today - hope you have a good day!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Rachel. I love the embossing and wonderful colours on your first card and the image and details on your second card are gorgeous.
    I hope you have a good day
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Rachel your backgrounds are always fab! You are lucky to have someone to craft with! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both gorgeous cards, love autumnul colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Rachel, I just love autumn colours !! Hope you and your mum have lots of fun !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Rachel. The background on the first one looks amazing, I love that splash of gold, very effective.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two stunning cards Rachel, I love the top one with the Sheena techniques.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Rachel, love the way your colours reflect autumn, brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful cards Rachel, fabulous Autumn shades. The background on your first card is beautiful, have a good day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards with lovely autumn colours, enjoy your crafty time with your mum. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just gorgeous sweetie, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are fabulous but the background of the first card is exceptionally pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous background on the first card and the second is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel two lovely cards but my favourite is the one with the birds. Love the background with the black birds, very effective!! Hope you enjoy your crafting time with your Mum !! Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Sheena creation is fab! I think I'm going to want the embossing folders too! Gorgeous inky panel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love your Sheena card, the embossing is beautiful and I love that bird image against that wonderful coloured background. Those images are so sweet on your second card. Just finished a crafty day with friends and feel exhausted - but we had lots of fun! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Sheena card too great embossing and love the distress inked strip looks fantastic
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two fabulous cards Rachel, I love adorable images on the second one.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rachel, thanks for you visits and kind comments you leave me. You and are in autumnal inky mode aren't we...love the colours in your first card and such a sweet topper in the second, hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I particularly love the first card. It looks wonderful.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two gorgeous cards Rachel. Both very different. Love the inking in the first one and the cute images in the second.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both beautiful hun, I absolutely love the stunning colours on the first one
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx