My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Under the sea at Creative Inspirations

Morning lovelies! Thankyou so much for all your kind words yesterday - I was feeling a bit low and it really helped - yesterday was also much better. I took Lucy for her ultrasound scan - the nurse didn't think there was anything to worry about - apparently Lucy has one kidney much bigger than the other but she thinks that could just be 'normal' for Lucy. We now await the follow up appointment with the paediatrician. My dad had some good news too - his heart appears to be working fine - and he has been discharged for two years. Finally some good news for him!

Anyway! Onto today - its the 13th August - my Lucy's 8th birthday - and time for a new challenge at Creative Inspirationscinspirations. Its my choice of theme this week and I chose under the sea. Here's my make:



Its my first play with the fragment stamps from Chocolate baroque. I've just versamarked it up and added white wow powders and heat set before then using distress stains to complete the background. The seahorse is a TH die that I completed according to the instructions for Tims tag July. Just love that tag!!!
This week's prize is from Natalie and its this fantastic CD ROM by Joanna Sheen!

I have this CD and there are some real funnies on there!


I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Wow: wowembossingpowderMonochrome
Inky Chicksinkychicks: Photo inspiration

So its Lucy birthday today - here's the cake ....


Its hard to photograph - but I think its okay - Lucy is thrilled with it so I guess thats all that matters.
Please forgive me if I don't get around to visit today - we will be having a busy day playing games and having fun - then we're off to see Hansel and Gretel in the park in Lancaster tonight.

Thanks for dropping by today - big hugs to you!

Rachel xx


19 comments:

  1. BIG Happy Birthday wishes to Lucy, I hope she has a wonderful day full of fun and laughter! The cake you made for her is fabulous!
    Your card is gorgeous. I love the background design and stunning sea horse.
    I am pleased that Lucy's scan went okay and that the nurse thinks it's nothing to worry about, I hope you are able to find out what the problem is soon though.
    Glad that you had some good news about your dad yesterday.
    Enjoy the rest of the day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lucy have a "fantastic fun filled" day. Love your wonderful cake you lucky little lady to have such a special talented mum.
    Rachel love your wonderful creation for today. Really is like under the sea, great addition of the Seahorse.
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy eighth birthday to Lucy! What a fabulous cake to celebrate with and I hope the weather is kind tonight! Fabulous card Rachel, love the colours and I love that swirly stamp! Great news about your Dad and Lucy too! Enjoy the day!!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Rachel, I love it, Lucy's cake is fantastic, see you later

    ReplyDelete
  5. First up - Happy Birthday to Lucy - her cake may be black but it is also beautiful - well done Rachel! So pleased to hear the news about your Dad and at least you have a start with news about Lucy and hopefully her next visit will be good news.

    Love your card today, that swirly stamping is fabulous and really suits the beautiful seahorse. Hope you all have a wonderful day! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, and the cake is fantastic no wonder Lucy was thrilled, glad you're feeling better, Px

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that cake is awesome as is your card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear you've had some good news Rachel and big Happy Birthday wishes to Lucy! That cake is amazing, as a HP fan I just love it. Gorgeous stamping too, love that background
    Hope you have a lovely day
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grear to read you Dad's good new Rachel, and a very Happy 8th Birthday to Lucy. A great card and super cake.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news about your Dad Rachel..........Love your gorgeous card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card and a great background. So glad to hear the good news about your dad. Happy Birthday to Lucy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Rachel, the card and the cake! Good news about you Dad. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to Lucy, her cake looks fabulous and I hope she has had a fabulous day. Happy to hear you have had some good news about your dad too.
    Another fabulous card, love the seahorse.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to Lucy, I hope she has had a fun day - the cake looks fabulous Rachel.
    A fabulous card Rachel, your backgrounds are always brilliant.
    I'm so pleased that your Dad had some good news.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Matthew had some tests when he was younger and he had one kidney larger than the other and they said exactly the same thing,but he has had no more bother since and is 26 now!Glad to hear your Dad had good news too,Happy Birthday to Lucy and hope she had a great day-brilliant cake --oh love the card too lol
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday Lucy!

    Love your card Rachel, such gorgeous colours and fab stamps :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy birthday Lucy! I hope your day is filled with fun and love! Great job on the cake mom and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to the lovely Lucy - both of them are gorgeous and will be breaking hearts all over Lancashire soon enough! Fab cake too!
    So happy to hear your dad has had some good news - it really helps getting positive news.
    I used to get dreadful tummy pains when I was Lucy's age and it was kidney infections which eased as I got older. It must be such a relief for both of you that she is getting seen and it looks like nothing to worry about, thank goodness!
    Oh yes your card is fantastic and the reason for popping over. I love your underwater scene with those CB stamps and the sea horse die cut is stinking cute! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Firstly your card is gorgeous. Love the background you have created. Love it.
    So glad your Dad has had some good news and sounds like nothing to worry about with Lucy. A fabulous birthday cake and hope she had a good time.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx