My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 7 August 2014

Feminine at Clarity

Good morning lovelies! How are you today? I hope you are well and happy! We had such a good time at the BFG workshop yesterday - we managed to start making the giant heads, made the snozzcumbers, tie dyed the t-shirts, recorded some sound effects (including whizzpoppers) and even had some time to practice two of the scenes. It really was a great group effort - brilliant work by one and all!

Today I would like to share with you my make for the current Clarity Challenge. The challenge is feminine - well I'm not a handbags and shoes kind of girl - so I'm afraid I was a bit stuck with this challenge - anyway - I had a rummage in my drawer of clarity stamps and I found this mermaid stamp so I decided to go with this.


I started the card by using the mermaid hair to create a border - I stamped with versamark then heat set with green Wow powders. I repeated this process with the central mermaid then went on to create the background using distress stains. Once I had dried the stains off I lightened the central portion using a baby wipe. Then I made the Mermaid overlay.



I did this using angelina film and fibres - I put my stamp down, inked it up with black staz -on, then made a fil, fibre, film sandwich - then topped with greaseproof paper and used a craft iron over the top. Then I fussy cut the image and added to the background. I also added the word dream over the background and then stamped the main dream sentiment. I then added all this to a card!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Clarityclaritystampchallenge: feminine
WOWwowembossingpowder: Monochrome
Stamping sensationssirstampalotchallenge: AG
Inky Chicksinkychicks: Photo Inspiration
CVCcountryviewchallenges: Word Play

Thats all for today! Thanks for your visit! I hope you've enjoyed it!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx



33 comments:

  1. A very beautiful & feminine mermaid she is too!
    Great work Rachel!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous love the colour
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So graceful Rachel !! I haven't played with my fibres for ages, must find then out !!

    Have a fun day....

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Rachel, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Rachel, I love the inky background. I'm not a shoes or handbag girl either, so mermaids are perfect :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Rachel and I always think mermaids are so feminine so I think it fits the challenge brilliantly! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Rachel! I don't think you could get any more feminine than this, it's stunning!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning project. Love the hair as the border and your background looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super gorgeous Rachel...[you left a message on my blog for 'Astrid' just to let you know in case you meant to comment on her blog.xx

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! Your mermaid rocks Rachel and the background is so cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card Rachel, fabulous techniques.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is stunning Rachel. I love how you have used the mermaids hair to create the border. The mermaid is gorgeous and the colours are wonderful.
    Thank you for your kind wishes.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mermaid is gorgeous Rachel and you really have created a fantastic background - I love this! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous design, love the mermaid. Px

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel, this is such a great design and so tactile too...I think it is good to put a twist on a theme, that way everyone's work is not the same...and I am loving your work....thanks for joining us over at the Clarity Challenge...I do love to see what you create.....hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Rachel. The background is fabulous and I love the mermaid. Good luck in the challenges.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Rachel, love the background colours and gorgeous Mermaid. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good evening Rachel,
    You have created a stunning card, brilliant mermaid and great colours.

    Patricia X

    ReplyDelete
  19. You achieved a gorgeous sense of movement in this card. She really does look as though she is swimming elegantly underwater.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card Rachel, your background is gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very unique background and image! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card, super background and clever use of her hair. Thanks for entering the Clarity Stamp Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so gorgeous! Love the background! It really looks like a deep ocean!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are not going to believe this - I am working on that stamp for the Clarity challenge! Okay will go away and come up with something different - luckily I have quite a few of the Clarity ladies - love them! Your background is stunning Rachel - love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous colours and blending Rachel and a wonderful mermaid, just love it, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favourite colours, and love that mermaid! Thank you for sharing her with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful card Rachel. Love the image and colours.
    It sounds like you had a busy day, my head was spinning just reading about it.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card and fabulous mermaid image and great colours
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  29. A fabulous card, Rachel. Wonderful colour and a great stamp! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow stunning work! Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous work and I love the detail! Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  32. She's beautiful, and I love the intense shimmer of those blues! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx