My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 23 August 2014

Glitter at Lavinia

Morning lovelies! I do hope you are well today and of course, happy! I'm off on my hollibobs again today - we're off to Cleethorpes - well near there anyway! I think I'll be taking a trip down memory lane whilst there as we intend to visit Skegness on one day! Here's hoping the weather is kind to us. I have scheduled posts for the week and should be able to keep track of whats going on with my mobile - depending on the signal of course!

Today I have my entry for the current challenge over at Lavinia. The challenge is all about glitter and I used one of my fave Lavinia stamps to make this card.

I used the glitter on the wings and also in the sky to make stars.



Most of the inking has been done using distress inks or butterscotch adirondack. The black is archival. I also used a clarity mask to create the hills.

I'd like to enter this into the laviniastamps-add-some-glitter challenge this month.

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a great Saturday!

Big Hugs

Rachel x


25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Rachel, love the hills and little touches of glitter. Have a fabulous holiday I hope the weather is kind to you! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazingly beautiful card......so much work ...fabulous Rachel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Rachel, I adore it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely glittering card Rachel! Enjoy your hols!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Rachel. Enjoy your holidays. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Rachel, love the colours. Have a great week whatever the weather.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your hols Rachel.. This card, Just adorable, loving seeing this awesome creation and gorgeous image with those colour combo's.xxx
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely background and gorgeous colourway. I like your idea to use glitter to make the stars. Hope you enjoy your Hols. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous,love the background and fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous project. Love the colors and the background is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Rachel, it's a gorgeous image and inking, wonderful colours.
    Have a fab holiday, hope you get good weather, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful and dreamy is this! stunning scene!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Rachel, love that silhouette stamp. Enjoy your hols.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the image and stunning colours.
    I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card Rachel, another fabulous background
    I hope you have a lovely holiday and enjoy your trip down memory lane
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Rachel, I hope you have a lovely holiday and the weather is good for you!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Rachel, great colours. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous background, such a lovely card! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, beautiful background! Fabulous card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quite simply stunning! Love every little detail and now more stamps I need from Lavinia! Hope you have a lovely time on your holidaymabobs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Rachel. You have created a lovely scene.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow wow wow absolutely gorgeous stunning card, I so wish I could do backgrounds like this, maybe you could teach me next time your up. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous, love it! This is one of my favourite images and you've certainly done it justice. Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great layout and i love the sparkly wings! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Rachel, such lovely colour choice too.
    Thank you for joining the Lavinia Stamps Challenge this month.
    Karen (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx