My shining star

My shining star

Friday 1 August 2014

Summer holidays or make a scene at Imagination Crafts

Morning all! How are you? I do hope you are fine and well on this the first day of August! How did that happen? Time really is fast moving!

Its time for the start of a new challenge over at imagination-craftschallenges - the theme this month is summer holiday but with the option of creating a scene. I have taken this option using a stencil and sparkle medium from imaginationcrafts.


I created the scene around the image once the sparkle medium had dried using distress inks and cut and dry foam.


The vegetation at the base is from a small stamp from the butterfly decoupage stamp set. I coloured the stamped images in using spectrum noir pens. 

I've got a few more holiday piccies to show you now:


Here's my girls out on the verandah with their cousin Henry.


And here's the three of us at the Sparrenburg Medieval Festival with our new headgear on. I love these crowns that the girls are wearing - I may well be trying to make some myself!

Thats all for today - I hope you have a great day - thanks for dropping by!

Big hugs rachel xx


26 comments:

  1. Stunning Scene, Rachel, love the colours you have used, to create it, and fabulous family pictures, your girls are gorgeous, and your nephew is very handsome xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scene you have created Rachel, love the beautiful layouts. Great photographs too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful scene Rachel. Love all the elements.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Rachel, love the gorgeous photos of your family too...so sweet..come join my birthday candy on the top of my blog...♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty love the scene you have created. Great pics too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Rachel, beautiful scene, love the piccies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous scene Rachel...fab photo's.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Rachel. The scene you have created is so beautiful and I love all the sparkle.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card ! Love it x your girls are so lovely thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card love the family pics xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful glittery scene, so pretty.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and the great scene you've created. Wonderful photos too. Looks like everyone was having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really have created a beautiful scene Rachel, love the sparkly birds. Great photos too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful scene you've created Rachel, love all the sparkle! Fab pics too, looks lie you all had a lovely time judging by those happy, smiling faces.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card Rachel and such a fabulous photo of you and the girls !!

    Welcome home sweetie and lovely to have you back in bloggerland !!!!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah! lovely photos Rachel, especially the one with you and the girls, everyone including Harry looks so happy.
    Beautiful card, and scene Rachel, your colours are gorgeous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous scene Rachel, I love the sparkle.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the photos and crowns,love the scene you created and all the sparkle
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card with the sparkle creating the most stunning effect.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the beautiful scene you have created Rachel and all the sparkle too of course !! Love the photo of Lucy, Penny and their cousin, they all look so happy.
    Great photos.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Rachel! Stunning glitzy card! I love glitter pastes. I used ones from GlitzCraft and they are amazing. I haven't tried the Imagination Crafts ones yet.. I must get some so I can have a go too! I'm like a megpie, I love anything that glitters ;)
    Thank you for your kind comment!
    Have a great weekend!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi huni, I hope you are well. Gorgeous make, I love the scene you have built and the colour of the birds is fabulous. Beautiful photo's too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx