My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 3 August 2014

Four legged animal at Craft a scene

Afternoon all! How are you? I hope you are well. We are good. Had a lovely day yesterday - we all went for a swim and then the girls did some painting in the afternoon - they have heard about the Simon Says Stamp kids challenge and want to enter something - watch this space.

Today marks the start of a new challenge at Craft a scene - the theme this month is to create a scene including a four legged animal - I was a bit stumped on this one I have to admit - until I remembered my Sheena tiger stamp - just love it!


sorry the focu on this one is a bit soft but you get the idea.


I started off by stamping the tiger image and colouring it in spectrum noir pens. Then I added a mask and created the background.


I used masks from clarity to create the hills and sky using distress inks and stencil brushes. Then I used a memory box garden stencil to create the greenery with distress inks and cut and dry foam.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Artistic stampertheartisticstampercreativeteam: Anything goes
Stamping sensationssirstampalotchallenge: Anything goes
Allsorts:allsortschallenge Fave things: Distress inks and creating scenes

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you have enjoyed your visit. Big Crafty Hugs. Rachel xx






25 comments:

  1. Love the gorgeous image and fab scene.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Rachel, love the tiger and the background scenery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Rachel, just saw you made the top three, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card Rachel, such a fabulous background scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Rachel, love the beautiful design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous striking card Rachel !! Fancy you going for a 10k run in pouring rain then !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning Rachel, terrific scene and the colouring of the tiger is fabulous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, I just love this scene, gorgeous colouring of the tiger and I love the background too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous, love the colouring on the tiger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Rachel! Tigers are such beautiful animals and you have really done this tiger proud, it is a beautiful card. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous... I love this tiger, Px

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderfully colour and composition on display.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel, fab card and I just love that tiger.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Tiger Rachel he has a sort of don't mess with me look - lol! your colouring is ever so good and you have his markings just right and I like the way you have him nestled amongst the stencilled grasses. A great scenic card. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, fabulous Rachel and such wonderful coloring and shading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card Rachel, this is one gorgeous creature...xxx
    ♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  18. you have created a wonderful scene her, great contrast in the colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Rachel this is absolutely stunning! I love the tiger image and scene you've created. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Favourite Things challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card Rachel. You have coloured the tiger beautifully and created a lovely scene.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous regal image and beautifully coloured and love the background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that tiger image & you've done him proud!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. That tiger is gorgeous! Beautiful stamp and you have really coloured him wonderfully! A really lovely scene Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab tiger, I love how the greens and the oranges give such contrast and a great African feel. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx