My shining star

My shining star

Friday 8 August 2014

a homemade christmas wreath for christmas card club.

Hello lovelies! How are you? Well I'm super early today as this post is meant for Sunday - but since I have posts I can't move tomorrow and Sunday I thought I would do it today - I hope you Christmas card club ladies don't mind my being so early. Our theme this fortnight is anything but a card ..... well me and the girls and my mum were in Happy Mount Park in Morecambe the first day of the holibobs and we found oodles of pine cones .... I have been mulling over what to do with these and this was one of the ideas - my hubbie put a spanner in the works when he admitted he had dustbinned the wreath ring I had put by ....after a few choice words I retired to my attic with some of his garden wire by way of compensation - lol!!!! This is what I came up with.


First of all I sprayed the cones with silver spray and sparkle and left them to dry. I threaded the garden wire around the base of the pine cones then pulled them into a circle. I covered the wire with ribbon then added ribbon ties at 2 cone intervals. Then I stamped three sentiments four times each in versa mark and heat set them with gold detail powder.  I stuck these on and added a card ring behind to give the ring greater stability.


I hope you enjoyed my little experiment - I'll be using this at Christmastime - indoors of course!  I have lots of cones left so will be looking around for ideas! 

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

30 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel a gorgeous wreath I love the sparkle you have put on the cones and see you have been able to adapt and overcome in true crafter fashion! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun piece and a great idea, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Rachel, haven't touched mine yet, but something will come eventually.
    P.S. Jac got the job hurray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabulous wreath.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the added sparkle and fabulous sentiments.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous, love the idea
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wreath Rachel. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing wreath Rachel and the best thing it will bring back memories of your day !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous wreath Rachel,loving the idea of these beauties.xx.♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel! What a fun project! I must make one for Christmas! It has been so tempting to make a Christmas card this summer, but I have been so good and not made one, saving the special cardmaking fun for that time of the year! :)
    All the best,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous wreath Rachel, and so early for Christmas too. Hope you had a great holiday, and are back into the swing of things at home again now.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant Rachel! I love the idea and what a fabulous way to use the cones.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure the ladies won't mind and it is worth it to see this - what a fantastic idea - so different - love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic idea, love it.
    A neighbour of mine has loads of cones lying in her garden must go gather some. Might have a go at something similar for my door wreath for Christmas.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks fabulous Rachel, great idea. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel, this is a lovely make, so creative, will be lovely on the wall/door come christmas, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous Christmas wreath Rachel, I love all of the little added sentiments.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant Rachel, I love all the sparkle!
    HUgs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really beautiful Rachel, love those pine cones! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this Rachel and what a great use of the pine cones! I like how you have added the Christmas sentiments on here - this is going to look lovely at Christmas.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a super wreath and a great use for the pine cones. A very pretty and everlasting decoration.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! Combining the sentiments with the pine cones made up into a very pretty wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great idea Rachel and a super way to use pine cones.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a gorgeous wreath ! So pretty for Christmas. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous! What a great idea. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Rachael
    This is fabulous... Great idea....
    Your little girl is soooo cute....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your wreath made from the cones. You were very patient to threadle them altogether like that. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A marvelous project for the 'anything but a card' challenge. Love that you used Nature's bounty to make this pretty wreath. I can imagine that working with the spiky petals on those cones as you manipulated the wire to connect each one, was a bit rough on your fingers. It was worth the effort, though (says I who didn't have to get pricked!) because it is certainly a very beautiful decorative wreath. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fantastic wreath....it willbe wonderfulfor Christmas and so worth the effort! sorry if you get this twice but blogger is playing up....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Rachel! Wht a lovely project. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. So perfect for Christmas. So sorry I’m late commenting. Have a lovely weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx