My shining star

My shining star

Monday 11 August 2014

Time flies at AVJ

Morning all! Are you managing to keep your head above the rain waters? Blimey - it never stopped here yesterday - hope its a bit better today! I'm taking my mum and dad up to Kendal for a hospital appointment for dad. Fingers crossed it will go well. The girls are coming too - we're off to get school shoes and also aim to pop up to Lakeland at Windermere to get some icing - I have to make Lucy's birthday cake tomorrow .... Harry Potter is the theme!

Onto todays make - well its a canvas made with a number of challenges in mind - firstly A Vintage Journey where the theme is Time Flies... Well I believe very much that time flies and my canvas is a reaction in that we should all try to slow down .... and take time to smell the roses. I have used two TH dies in the making of this canvas and also used distress inks on the background plus TH grungeboard letters.


I made the canvas by firstly creating some texture on the background - I used grungepaste and a TH stencil and also some grungeboard letters that I stuck to the canvas. Then I painted over using distress paints and also some pebeo acrylic paint. Next I did some background stamping using small stamps from papermania and oakhouse studio.


Next I got busy with the melt pot and moulds from WOW, martha stewart and modgepodge. I made the roses and hearts and butterflies using UTEE clear mixed with some red and purple. Then I stamped my prima doll and paper pieced her dress using distress inks and a stamp from Oak house studio.  I also did some die cutting.


Finally I assembled all the pieces. I did have fun making this - I do hope you like it!

I'd like to enter my canvas into the following challenges:

CVCcountryviewchallenges: Word Play
Oakhouse Studiooakhousestudio: Alphabetica
Pan pastelpanpasteluk: Bold and bright

Thanks for dropping by today - I hope you had fun! My poor hubby didn't have fun yesterday - he had his pocket picked in Buenas Aires. He's been there since Tuesday night last week. Thankfully he didn't have his passport with him so at least we'll get him back as planned very soon! Bless him - it sounds like he was the victim of a distraction ruse. Very sad - but he seems okay - just a bit wiser.

Hope to see you soon.

Big Hugs

Rachel xx





26 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel what a pretty canvas, the roses and butterflies made with the melt pot look wonderful. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Canvas, love it all

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rachel. Such wonderful, colours, textures and detailing.
    I hope your Dad's hospital appointment goes okay. Sorry to hear about your hubby.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely creation
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful canvas Rachel, sorry to hear about Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous canvas Rachel, a great take on the theme.
    I hope your Dad's appointment goes well, sorry to hear about Shaun.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab make Rachel & so true....we're all so busy nowadays we do need to stop now & again. Sorry to hear about Shaun, bet you'll be glad when he's home.Hope your day goes well.....enjoy the shoe shopping lol!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous canvas Rachel. Sorry to read about Shaun, hope he's home soon. Hope everythings goes well with the hospital visit.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page, I love your bright colours and your image, sorry tho hear about Shaun, I hope it <ill soon be all righ again,
    Your Christmas creations in july look amzing , good job!!!

    Greetings and all the best
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Prima doll and a fabulous bold and bright canvas. Love this very much!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab mixed media canvas Rachel !! Poor Shaun.......

    hugs Diane xx

    PS You'll see I love Prima Dolls too....:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel - thanks for following and your lovely comment on my blog. This is fabulous - stunning, bold colours. Now I want to get my melt pot out and have a play - great embellishments. Nikki xx (Oh and thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks fabulous Rachel and love the flowers. It has been non stop rain here too. Such a horrible thing to happen to your hubby . Have a good time in Lake District-will be passing there on sunday on my way up to Scotland
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic canvas.... Great design.. Stunning Px

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Rachel, I am so sorry to hear about the incident with your hubby, how awful for him - pleased they did not get his passport to though.......

    Your canvas is lovely with the letters in the background like that and your UTEE roses are very pretty too! Thanks so much for joining in our latest challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A super canvas Rachel. Such a lot of detail and work. You do these so well.
    Sorry to hear about your hubby. So glad they did not get his passport.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great project. Hope your dad appointment went ok, also better you than me with the shoe buying. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love your canvases Rachel and this one is a stunner too!
    I have a 'tag' in the left hand side bar of my blog that you might want to use too. Darnell created it for all of us. I've been asked today by another blogger and I've said no so it might be worth putting it on yours too?
    Have a lovely week Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Lovely!
    Hope you're well?
    Gorgeous artwork! I love your little embellishments and pretty bright background.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great canvas & the sentiment behind it is very true! Poor hubby, he'll be glad to get home & you'll be gladto have him bacck safe & sound too!
    Can't wait to see the cake!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great canvas and love the image and sentiment-sorry to hear about your hubbys incident
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful canvas Rachel, love those flowers! That die is fab, I've just got that but hardly used it so thanks for the inspiration.Thanks for joining our Bold and Bright challenge a http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Rachel, this is a beautiful canvas, such vivid colours, fab design.
    Poor Sean, it's an awful thing to happen, but at least he wasn't hurt, just his pocket picked, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely project, I too love the UTTE, your flowers are great. So happy to have you traveling along with us here at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope all went well for your dad Rachael!
    Gorrrgeous, bold and bright...love it..... so happy you joined us at Pan Pastel Uk Big hugs
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely interpretation, a great choice of colours. Delighted you joined in with our 'Time flies' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Chris xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx