My shining star

My shining star

Monday 4 August 2014

Stain it at A Vintage Journey

A very good morning to you! How are you today? Good I hope! I wonder if you had the rain we had yesterday? It never stopped here - and I had to do a long run yesterday - so that was 10 soggy miles but I was still smiling at the end of it! The end is in site - the goal is of course the Great North Run which I'm running this year for St John's Hospice in Lancaster. If you are able to support my run I would very much appreciate it - don't worry if you can't - I know every penny is hard to come by. I have a Just Giving page - www.justgiving.com/Rachel-Fisher. Thanks in advance if you can support my fundraising effort.

I want to share my make with you today for the latest challenge over at A Vintage Journey - we've been asked to Stain it - use distress stains. I altered a little wooden box using three distress stains and some TH stamps. The colours I used are mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean.


I used the mowed lawn stain to colour the box inside and out and then used combinations of the three stains to create 4 background papers, swooshing the paper (card actually) into them, spritizing with water, drying and more swooshing until I was happy. One of these papers was used to cover 4 sides of the box.


The other three papers were stamped on using the sealife blueprint stamps. I then fussy cut the images.


I also cut some of the garden greens using the papers I'd produced and stuck the fussy cut and die cut items onto the box.


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Sunday Stamperpinkleart: Bits and pieces.

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today! Have a great day - and thanks for dropping by!

Hugs

Rachel xx





22 comments:

  1. Brilliant box Rachel, love the colours.
    Good luck with your training and eventually your Run.
    Been there done Marathons, got the medals but so glad to put my feet up these days after just brisk walk.
    Have a good day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the colours and wonderful images.
    I hope your weather is better today. We have been very lucky here - so far!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! What a fabulous box, I love those colours. Well done on your soggy run! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous project Rachel. Love those colours together. Sorry for lack of blogging lately- school hols and routines go well out of the window for me(lol). Hope your enjoying the hols
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Wonderful box Rachel, love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your box is beautiful Rachel and really do show how versatile Distress Stains are! I love the combination of stains that you have used and the images really do 'pop' from the background. Lovely work!

    Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a vibrant and well designed box Rachel. A great way to show off what Distress Stains can do. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous box Rachel, I love your colour choices and sea life theme.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, beautiful box, love the oceanic colours and the fab images.
    Wonderful blending too. Have a great day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous box Rachel and your colour combo and added beauties make it extra beautiful.xx

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful box and loving the seaside theme you have chosen.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bright and beautiful box! Love everything about this,Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous box, really love the colours :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful box and love the colour
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel!
    Your little box is adorable! I love the sea life theme..
    hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful box, love the sea theme and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your box, the colours are fantastic!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely altered box Rachel. Gorgeous colours and stamps.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. An absolutely delicious box - I love those blue greens (as you know) and the textured seaweed and the stamps are all beautifully done.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great make Rachel, love those gorgeous bright colours... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful box and gorgeous colours used. Fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx