My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 9 August 2014

CC3: Faded Layers

Hello lovelies - well I seem to be a little confused - I thought the new Little Claire challenge would start today so was all ready to post my GDT card when I was told it was going to be next week - I do hope I haven't mucked this up - anyway - I've decided to post my CC3: faded layers challenge card today - this was so simple but I adore how it turned out ... what do you think?


I cannot reveal the method for creating the background - thats part of the challenge and you need to check out the compendium of curiosities volume 3 to find that one out. I did use the Holiday knit stencil though - and the topper is a blueprints stamp that I stamped and painted with distress ink.


Here's about the prizes in the challenge.
As always, a “Curiosity Crew’s Choice” winner will be selected who will receive a fabulous assortment Tim’s products, courtesy of Tim himself and Mario Rossi. To be in with a chance of winning you must visit each of the team members’ blogs and leave a comment there. 
The Funkie Junkie Boutique
The Funkie Junkie Boutique is back to sponsor Challenge 8, and lovely owner Linda Coughlin has $25 shopping spree to one very lucky CC3Cer– just in time for those amazing new summer products that are hitting the market!
So I would like to enter this into the compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-8- faded layers and also thatscraftychallenges -stamping-ground-challenge

The tooth fairy has been at our house 3 nights in the past week - here's miss Penny!!!!


Oh she's a little rich miss just at the moment!!! Lol!!!!
Big Hugs to you and hope to see you again soon!


Rachel xx

28 comments:

  1. Yep I'm definitely curious Rachel, you've got me guessing all sorts of things here for the bg lol! Love the look of this card.
    Hope the tooth fairy gets a rest for a little while :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background Rachel love that effect.
    Super card, central image, brilliant
    Oh! My! Word! 3 visits in one week!!
    Have good weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous background and a great card
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous ,fabulous details,love the background.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Rachel, the colours are wonderful.
    The tooth fairy has been very busy!
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Rachel, lovely colours, and Penny I will look forward to seeing your toothless smile tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Rachel and I adore you wonderful background. What a beautiful photograph of your daughter too

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Rachel, Penny is adorable - I hope she gives the tooth fairy a bit of a rest now though! Your card is beautiful, you have done a wonderful job with the faded layers technique, it looks amazing with that stencil. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card, I love the stencil it's a fantastic background.. I'm so behind with these challenges.. I have a bunch of stuff I want to do.. Just don't get a chance..
    Ahhh this tooth fairy lark is an expensive business lol..
    Thank you for you lovely comments on my blog Rachel you always support me and I really appreciate it Px

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a fab backgrond, I have the first two books but not the third. Hope Penny is giving the Tooth fairy a rest for a while now.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning creation and adorable background coloured to perfection...your added beauties are just perfect and your little toothless 'fairy' is just divine.xx
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous project. Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing use of the technique Rachel, really effective.,Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachel...your Christmas card really turned out spectacular! I love your background colors you've used for the faded layers. They are awesome! I love that new stencil of Tim's, too. It reminds me of those heavy winter sweaters that I used to see so much of as a kid. :) I also really like your application of Tim's blueprint snowflake in the center. Very nice card! Thanks for joining us and sharing your art at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creation Rachel, I love the background and the snowflake stamp. Lucky Penny :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Rachel it's so different....looks fab! Love that pic of Little Miss Penny.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Rachel I love your card sweetie !! Love the colours and the knitted effect !!

    Well Miss Penny is a cutie with or without teeth !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Rachel, beautiful colours.
    Penny will love that photograph when she is about eighteen!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this background Rachel! The colours are just wonderful. Hope miss Penny spends her money wisely ;)
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant card and love the fabulous background-great colours and love the knitted effect-love the pic of rich Penny lol Ellie has just lost her third tooth and made her a tooth Fairy card
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Rachel, this is a fabulous card, the colours are beautiful and I love this stencil, so different. The tooth fairy must be very busy lol! as she has visited our grandson 3 times in the last few weeks.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous background and a lovely card... Great photo of Penny too, Dex has still only lost 1 tooth! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous way to showcase one of Tim's pretty images! I'm betting the toothfairy is exhausted! Cute, cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, 3 visits from the tooth fairy in one week!! What a super pic. And your project is fabulous too - the colors are so intense. Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Darn, love that pattern. Guess I'll have to get that one too. lol Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card Rachel. Love the image and the background.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW, that is a seriously cool background Rachel, love how you used your stencil... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  28. absolutely stunning!! the background is awesome!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx