My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 25 July 2012

winter wonderland and some news

Good morning all! Great to be with you - and thanks in advance for any more comments you may choose to leave.

I've got some very exciting news to share with you - I've been asked to join the design team for the scrapbook stamp society! I'm very excited - its always good to get to know new people and work with different images. So thanks guys for the opportunity! I hope I don't let you down! I'm not starting until September but I suspect I will start sharing the odd card here and there with you using their images.

Talking of which! I've got a Christmas card to share with you today - using a scrapbook and stamp society image called ' Victorian Holly ragamuffin'. You can get her here.






I've used the sketch and inspiration from Willow sketchie challenge and the colours for the winter wonderland challenge. The dies are from spellbinders. Some of the papers are from the new christmas range from wild rose studios.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

willowsketchiechallenge: Christmas in July
paperplaychallenges: Christmas in July
scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog: Winter Wonderland
Winter wonderlandchristmasblogchallenge: Colour challenge
Stampin for the weekendstampinfortheweekend: photo insp (I've used the colours)
Crafters Companionccmonthlychallenge: Ho Ho Ho Christmas.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday - I was hoping to take the girls on a scavenger hunt today - but it looks like rain might stop play - again! I thought summer was supposed to be here - well its forgotten the NW!!!!!

Big hugs and see ya'll tomorrow!

Rachel xx


29 comments:

  1. Congratulations on aking the DT.
    Lovely card
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Rachel , love the die and the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new DT post. Fab card.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Rachel,love the colours and great image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hun this is just gorgeous,love the layout and the detail on this,super hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Rachel love the image and the layout is stunning. Congratulations on the DT position you'll be brilliant. Hugs. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your new DT position Rachel and very well deserved too.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the image and fabulous colours and layout
    Hope you have a good day
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your DT position xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Rachel and well deserved too. Your card is beautiful, I have that tree die on order, can't wait til it arrives. The image on your card is so lovely and great design of card. Sorry if I misled with my boxes, some are filled with charms, dominos and other mini things, not all TH things - although I do have a few TH things........Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Rachel and welcome to the Dream Team over at Scrapbook Stamp Society. We will be working together too :) I love your card and this is my favourite digi too and you have coloured her fabulously.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your new design team - very exciting news indeed. Love this image and your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great Christmas card Rachel, I love your non traditional colour combination. Congratulations on your new DT position.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous use of the colors this week at the Winter Wonderland, gorgeous image and so many beautiful embellies, thanks for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachel this is a faby card, love that digi and the spellbinder tree - ive not taken mine out of the packet yet !! Its good to have you on board and looking forward to seeing all that you create x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations and a beautiful card
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats. Love the card and that die is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. FAB card, and congrats. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card and congrats on your new dt post
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi hun
    Welcome to the team, its great to have u on board, am now following u too,
    Lotsa hugz
    Kenzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty, welcome to the dt.

    smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Rachel, if you want a few sheets of Glassine paper let me know by email and I'll send you some, I have more than I will ever use - A x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woo Hoo that's fantastic news, delighted for you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done on your new DT roll,love the cards you have been doing over the last week,back home now for a while so will be back soon.
    kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super card, and congrats on the DT position xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Big congratulations! You'll do an amazing job. Love your card and the use of the die cut looks amazing.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, Rachel, that's fab news and so well deserved, Congrats! Love your card, fab image and that tree is just gorgeous!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx