My shining star

My shining star

Monday 16 July 2012

bling bling mermaid and a crafty day out!

Good morning to all my crafty friends and followers. Now before I get onto my card for today I'd just like to share with you a picture of the goodies I bought in Doncaster - it was such a fab day out - I'll definitely go again.
In the top left you can see what I did for a free make and take with imagination crafts - using a template and their sparkle medium - it was very easy to do! Expect to see more of this soon! Lots of things to alter - lots of metal charms and bits and bobs - and I even got a marianne birdcage die for £2.99 that they were selling elsewhere for £10! Brilliant.

So onto today's card - its one I've made to send as a thankyou card to the staff at quick cards for judging my olympics card as a runner up in their recent competition. The background is from one of the paperstash library books that were part of my prize.




The image is, of course Saturated Canary - I do think she's such a stunner that when I saw the challenged bling it out I immediately thought of her! I've also used more of the paperstash library card to do the inside of my card - just matted and layered - very simple.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
DYSUdoyoustackup: Cool Colours
fussyandfancychallenge: Photo inpiration (the image is for the sea bit and the shells for the beach)
thepoodlesparlour: Use a digi

Okay - I think that's all for now - Looking forward to showing you tomorrow's card for the new LEJ challenge.

Big hugs and thanks for dropping by and for any comments you may choose to leave.

Hugs

Rachel xx

18 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Rachel,love the perfectly coloured image.Love your gorgeous stash.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thak you for sharing this beauty over @ Poodles Parlour this week
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the image and fab colours
    Wow at all of your lovely new goodies - have fun!!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous little mermaid. i love all those sequins - you've given me an idea for my Claritystamps mermaid stamp! will have to get to Hobbycraft to buy some sequins!
    what a fab crafty haul as well! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel, congrats on your runner up status for your Olympics card. Love all your new goodies, you will love using that tattered florals die and the birdcage was such a bargain - well done! I love your butterfly stamp too and the little house, I have one but have not decorated it yet (waiting for inspiration - lol). Love your card today too, the mermaid is gorgeous...Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. New goodies are always fun to get, especially if they are at a discount. Love all the sequins on your card. Perfect for a mermaid tail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card hugs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card and loved those sequins.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, looks like you got lots of lovely goodies! and it's always good to get a bargain!
    Gorgeous card too, fab image x
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool card! Love all of the green and your coloring looks wonderful. What a great haul of crafting goodies:)

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gosh you were not one of the ladies hogging the hand dryer in the loo when I popped in were you (gosh would hate that if I had missed that vision) cannot wait to see your creations with that lovely lot of stash and that card is gorgeous
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Rachel love the image with all those sequins on and the layout is fabulous. Looks like you had a fabby time. Hugs Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a good day and found some nice bargains Rachel.
    I love your card, her sequined tail looks fab.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooh I love how you did her tail!! it looks awesome!!
    thank you for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sweetie, love your creation its beautiful, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful image choice. Gorgeous digi! Love how you've done the tail. What a fab idea! Thanks for joining in at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge this fortnight. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Poodles Parlour 'Use a Digi' Challenge. Good luck.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx