My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 28 July 2012

a showery day and a card

Evening all! I hope you're all okay! Thanks for your feed back on yesterday's card and also Lucy's cards - she was thrilled to be given so many comments so thankyou! Today's been a funny one - after a fantastic sunny day yesterday it was back to crazy showers today! Boo Hoo - just in time for the weekend!

Before I carry on I must say thanks to Anne for the fabulous glassine paper you sent me - it arrived sometime today and I look forward to having some time to play with it very soon. Also, if you're a fan of pan pastels you must check out this months issue of Papercraft Inspirations (my subscriber copy arrived today) - there's a few familiar faces in there - won't say anymore but its a fab article - well done.

Onto todays rather late card! I've used the free Ava image from Saturated Canary and coloured her using promarkers. I've added flowers cut and made using the bitty blossoms dies from spellbinders. The card blank is a kanban one -I think - or it could be hunky dory - its the last one in the box and its been going for a while!




I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Saturated Canarysaturatedcanarychallenge: B+W +1
Anyhting goes CBanythingchallenge: Not square
Papertake weeklypapertakeweekly: Make your own
Bearly Minebearlymine-challenges:Shaped card
My mum's craft shopmymumscraftshopchallenges: birthday girls.

Back bright and early in the morning with my DT crafty pad post that I'm just off to write!

Happy Saturday Evening!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

17 comments:

  1. Stunning!Gorgeous image and fab colour scheme!
    Have just emailed you.........thank you so much.
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Rachel, I love the image and the colours and detailing are wonderful
    Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, you are welcome, hope you enjoy using it. I love this card, the image is fabulous and the black, white and red are so striking - they really set the image off well. Good luck with all those challenges. Papercraft Inspirations is not one that I get but I am so intrigued I am going to have a crafty look at one in town next week.........Crafty hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good idea Anne - and thanks again - you're such a star!!! Hugs Rachel xxx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at SC Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card the image is coloured beautifully and the layout is so striking with the black and white. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh Hun,this is just gorgeous love the image which is coloured to perfection,and just adore the shape too,bless you for playing at anything goes,too Hun,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the black and white colour combination with the splashes of red.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. tres elegant and very beautiful Rachel! love this colour scheme and it's one I don't remember to use often enough! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Rachel

    Love your card and the SC image - the colours you have used and just so striking - perfect.

    Thanks for coming by to see me and leaving me some lovely comments.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Toodles

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool design! She looks amazing in red and black and your coloring is awesome.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card love your image and your amazing colouring. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome card rachel, I love the background too
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such sweet card Rachel! Love this color combo :)
    Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx