My shining star

My shining star

Monday 30 July 2012

aunty anne's card

Good morning all! I hope you had a lovely weekend - we certainly did and we have a busy week planned too - fingers crossed for some sunshine to wash it all down with!

I've got a card to show you today that I've made for my aunty anne's forthcoming birthday - she's a lady who loves a joke - hence the card! I've used one of the bugaboo stamps I was lucky enough to win in the draw over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge the other week.




I used a sketch from over at Docrafts and fussy cut some Kate Knight papers. The other papers are basic grey 'life of the party' and the sentiment is papermania. I've added pearls for the Totallt Gorjuss challenge and the colour scheme is for the bright and cheerful theme at secret crafter and orange and yellow at totally papercrafts. I've used neenah crest card and coloured with promarkers. I've distressed the image and joke edges with DI spiced marmalade.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge: Bright and cheerful
totallypapercrafts: Orange and Yellow
divasbydesignchallenge: Happy Birthday
IDICrobynsfetishchallengeblog: Summer fun


Thankyou for visiting my corner of blogland and I hope to see you again soon! Big hugs

Rachel xx

25 comments:

  1. Love this Rachel. Great image and sentiment. Love the backing papers and colours.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunty Anne will love this Rachel, such a laugh and perfect for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Rachel, I love these Bugaboo images, they're so funny with a hint of truth. Fab colours and embellishments.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Rachel...fabulous image and papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fab card Rachel, gave me a chuckle this morning!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, what a fabulous image, just love it to bits! I know a few ladies that would suit (including me!!). Your card is beautiful and that sentiment is so funny.......I have it on my craft room door, makes me giggle every time I see it. Have a lovely day, Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card happy crafting Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun image! I'm sure your aunt will love it. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards while I have been on Holiday. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card Rachel and the image & sentiment is fab! hope you all have fun while the little one's are on school hols! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel what a fabulous card :) I am sure your aunty Anne will love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun card and gorgeous too! Love how you've used the papers :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI sweetie, this is a stunning creation, big hugs love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation hun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh lol love that image and sentiment .. fab colours too
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's for our birthday challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Auntie's gonna love this, Rachel!Fab image and even better sentiment!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun birthday card. I'm sure your aunt will love it. Great paper choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic sentiment and too fun of an image! your aunt will love it.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab image and I laughed out loud at that sentiment!!! Thank you for joining in the Totally Papercrafts challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for playing at Divas this wk hugs Rebekah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have this image set :) Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish.
    Susan G (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha Ha I bet Aunty Anne loved this Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card
    Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday Challenge this week and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx