My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 31 July 2012

DT Post for LEJ Designs: Magical, mystical and mysterious

Good morning! Its Tuesday so its time for a new challenge over here at LEJ Designs challenge blog.

This week the theme is 'magical, mystical mysterious' and I've got a card to share with you made using one of Lyndsay's digis from her shop which you can find here.

First to the house keeping: the challenge runs for a week and there are two prizes. The first prize is any three digis of your choice from Lyndsay's store.
The second prize this week is £5.00 to spend in the Crafty Embellies store at http://craft-embelies.weebly.com/

They've got some amazing things in there so check it out!

Just a reminder too - if you use one of Lyndsay's digis in the challenge you go into a draw to win some more - can't be bad eh? This week the jackpot has rolled over to 8 digis. Amazing!
Finally Lyndsay has also got a DT call on over at LEJ Designs - so why not think about joining us? I think we're splitting into two teams so it would be a fortnightly rather than a week ly committment. Is a great team - very friendly - have a think!!!!

Okay - onto my card - now this is a funny one - I brayered a purple background landscape then added a moon and some trees - then left the complete card on my craft table over night. When I came back the next evening all of the colour has been bleached away by the sun - spooky!!!!! If you look closely you can see some shadow behind the skirt!




The image is called 'Tattered Beauty' - the trees are cut from a memory box die and the backing card is hunkydory. I've used promarkers to colour the image and then added glitter.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Di Digisdisdigidesignschallenge: Mystical creatures
Craftycatzcraftycatzweeklychallenge: all that glitters
charismacardz:monochrome

That's all for today - thanks for stopping by and a big thanks for any comments you leave - they're all appreciated!

Happy Tuesday!

Hugs Rachel xx


21 comments:

  1. This is lovely Rachel ,I love your fabulous image .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun this is just gorgeous just love the colours,and detail on this hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a stunning make x love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card Rachel, the lady reminds me a bit of Lady Godiva! Loving that tree die too, something else now for my wish list.........Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Rachel, I love the image and the colours are wonderful
    Have a good day!
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful card. Great colors and I like the added glitter - so sparkly. I'm going to have to add that Memory Box die to my wish list too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely! Perfect for our 'Use a Digi' Challenge at One Stitch At a Time. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, love that tree die and lovely colours :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours you've used, they really make the image stand out, beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT. Jennie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card and great colours. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Trisha x DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this image Rachel as she will look so different depending on colour and everything else you use! You've coloured her beautifully. Gorgeous sentiment and paper/card! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is terrific and perfect for magical and mystical! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love all the shimmer and glitz on your card, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful
    hugs Kate
    ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already celebrated with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Well done Am liking all the sparkles too Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the sparkles!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card...goodluck at charisma this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, Thanks for joining in with our use a digi challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. very mystical, thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge blog hugs Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an awesome card. I love the purple and black together and all of the glitter you added makes the card shimmer so wonderfully. Great patterned paper you chose for this image. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.
    Hugs, Tracey DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx