My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 18 July 2012

dancing with a song in my heart

Good morning all! Well I'm late today - would you believe it - I was at a BBQ last night and didn't get a chance to catch up with all the goings on in blogland in the evening - so its taken me a long time this morning! The BBQ was fab - we all sat indoors whilst my friend Sue's wonderful husband Geoff did the BBQ in the garage! A lovely evening spent with old friends and some new! And it was sure wonderful to not have to cook!

Anyway, onto todays card - over at the Mo manning site they have a GDT call on and whilst I know the chances are very slim, I thought I'd give it a whirl as I love the images so much. This week the challenge is to create something to do with dance - and since this also fits in with a few other challenges I thought I would go for it.





I followed a sketch from over at A gem of a challenge and followed the colour scheme from the ribbon girl and crafty sentiments design. The dance/music theme is current over at paperplay, mo manning and guylou Beland and the large bow works for digital tuesday's all tied up. I've used papers from echo park and flowers from WOC and some from my stash and coloured the image using promarkers.

This card will be sent to Lucy and Penny's nana along with photographs from the ballet show that she missed! They love their nana so much and always miss her!

So the challenges I would like to enter this card into are:
mosdigitalchallenge: let'sdance
A gem of a challengepinkgemchallengeblog: sketch
paperplaypaperplaychallenges: music
guylousinimitability:Music and dance
ribbongirls: aqua, blue and terracotta
CSDcraftysentiments: blue and orange
digitaltuesdaychallenge: all tied up.

That's all for today - back tomorrow with something useful - but something I'm not too sure about! Hope to see you then - thanks for dropping by today and for any comments you choose to leave!
Big crafty hugs

Rachel xxx

20 comments:

  1. Great image, good luck with that call. Mmm tomorrow sounds intruguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Rachel the image is adorable and you have coloured it beautifully. Love your layout and the colours used are fantastic. Good luck with the DT call your cards are always beautiful and the design team would be lucky to have you. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous Rachel,love the fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel

    I just stopped by to say thank you for voting for my card over at the Fashionista Challenge. It was really kind of you.

    I love this card, and good luck with the DT call.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Rachel! Great layout and cute image! Thanks for joining us at Guylou's Inimitability!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Rachel, Bez will love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel it's gorgeous. Don't ever think you are not good enough hun - you are! fab colouring and i love all the little details you've used Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the DT call Rachel. This card is so much fun, that's a great image and the colours co-ordinate beautifully - and loving that bow! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Rachel, such a fun image, really like the design. Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card design and that big bow is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty and I love that big bow. Good luck on the gdt - you never know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Rachel, sweet image and fab details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Rachel. I really love this image, beautifully coloured. Good luck with the GDT.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck..

    Caz CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful card, the image and colours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel wow love this gorgeous take on the sketch for AGOAC..lovely colours & image that bow looks awesome..


    Thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC..this wk

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look beautiful in the shades of blue and orange. The bow looks amazing.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely image! and great card - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great take on the sketch and very pretty papers! Thank you so much for joining us at Guylou's Inimitability this week! HUGS

    Kim
    GI DT

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx