My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Applied Creativity in three acts - Act 1 - France Papillon

Good morning lovelies! How are you? I do hope you are good -I am! Its been a fantastic weekend - I was lucky enough to visit Coventry and take part in the Applied Creativity in three Acts workshops at the Holiday Inn. Sue Tucker of Art Workshops was at the helm and over the next few days I'll bring a few pictures of my projects. We had two workshops with each of three international artists. This post covers the ones I did with France Papillon. I really enjoyed the process in each case and was thoroughly pushed out of my comfort zone - the results are less me than the other classes - but I really learned a lot!

Saturday Workshop:


This has a pancake rather than an egg. We had issues with the plaster of Paris in this workshop although two people were successful. My pancake was actually that belonging to France! Mine was even worse! Anyway - the Workshop itself was still fun and lots of interesting techniques were undertaken.

Sunday Workshop


This is my second make with France - again way out of my comfort zone but I certainly did enjoy the journey! 

I'll bring you my makes from another artist tomorrow!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

10 comments:

  1. Lovely creativity Rachel, just scrolled down to see what I've missed in my enforced absence from blogland and had to smile at the wine glasses.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good for the soul to be out of your comfort zone every now & then as it usually brings everything else around you together. Your end products are fabulous Rachel, I look forward to seeing more.. Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun and a bit different, which is great! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time...these really do look different...in a good way :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects Rachel and good to be taken out of your comfort zone occasionally
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you never come out of your comfort zone you never learn anything new !! Good for you Rachel !! I adore being challenged, soooooo jealous xx

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work Rachel, fabulous projects, and sounds as if you had a great time,katex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous projects Rachel, it sounds like you had a fun weekend.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do look quite different but fun too... and it is always a bonus to learn new techniques that you can apply to other projects! Lovely to see you there Rachel. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a good time. It's always good to learn new things. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx