My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 22 June 2017

Dimension at visible image

Hello there! How are you? We are good and my eldest Lucy has returned from her 3 day residential to Edinburgh so all is even better! She had a good time visiting Mary King's close, the National Gallery, Scottish Parliament, Dynamic Earth Park and the Camera Obscura. Sounds pretty good to me!

Yesterday was a bit of a funny day - after my run - which was ok - I spent some time at home and then the power went off. There was a power cut that tripped in and out for a while then stayed off for nearly 1 and half hours. Now we often get power cuts but this one was odd as my house alarm kept going off! It was very weird - never done that before! Somebody told me there's a backup battery in the box that must have ran out - need to remember to look into that one!

Anyway - whilst I felt confined to barracks without power i decided to have a go at one of the newest sets of visible image stamps....here's what i made....



I adore these stamps - so very cool - I decided to make something for the current VI challenge on facebook.... its all about dimension and i think this fits the bill!!!I used distress oxides to do the background and also a further sheet of A4 on which I did some other stamping too. I also used my TH stamping platform for the first time whilst making this card - I think it will make planning and placing of images much easier!

Hope you have a great day!

Big hugs

Rachel x

10 comments:

  1. A lovely fusion of background colours Rachel and super stamping.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creation Rachel, wish I was arty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous Rachel. I love the look of the new stamps but as yet have not bought them.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous stamps and love the coloured background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Rachel, lovely colours and great stamps - at least you had some fun whilst you were confined to barracks.
    Pauline -
    Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Rachel, you really have achieved a lot of dimension in your piece, O love it!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is spectacular...I do love visible image stamps they really are so different....I just got my stamping platform yesterday...I had the small Misti but found I couldn't put big bits of paper in which the open side on the Tim holtz one lets me do so so far brilliant....great card Rachel loving the oxides xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel, my goodness Lucy certainly visited some fabulous places, all very interesting, even the Scottish Parliament lol.
    No your make today is fantastic, love the images and colours, brilliant layout too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is stunning Rachel. I love those new stamps and your colours are great. It sounds as if Lucy had a lovely time and I'm sure you're glad to have her home again. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Rachel..xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx