My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 10 June 2017

christmas card club - anything goes

Hello there! How are you? I hope you are well. Its been a busy few days here what with my birthday on Wednesday, what would have been Shaun's 50th on Thursday - oh and the election, a trip to see a celebration of Simon and Garfunkel on friday night and school fair today. So please forgive me if I haven't been keeping up with comments. I am off there now!!!!

Today I have my Christmas Card Club make for tomorrow - I have another make tomorrow so I thought I had better squeeze this one in tonight. The theme was anything goes - so I took the chance to play with distress oxides and a newish to me stamp from woodware.


As you can see I made three cards .....


the backgrounds all started with wilted violet, broken china and spiced marmalade distress oxides. Some got a bit of fossilised amber added for good measure.  The snow was actually stamped separately and cut and pasted on. I then added the stamps of snowflakes and some glitter too.

I did enjoy doing these. I hope you like the results of my playtime!!!

Big hugs and great wishes for a beautiful day!

Rachel xx

15 comments:

  1. These are really lovely Rachel,love those inky backgrounds...must try out my oxides....and that's a great stamp...great makes xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Rachel, gorgeous backgrounds and very striking colours - I love the Woodware huge stamps.
    You have been busy!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The backgrounds look fabulous Rachel and that's a lovely focal piece stamp too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the backgrounds to your cards Rachel. You've had a busy few days. Sorry I missed your birthday but I was in Liverpool for a few days with no internet access. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel-these are fabulous and love the colours. Sounds like you have been having a very busy time and you have kept up blogging better than I have managed of late-lol-so sorry for not having been around much but things are starting to settle down for me now so hopefully now I will manage to visit more often!
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous cards Rachel, it's a fabulous stamp and I love the colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Rachel, the colours alone just stand out and makes your Snow stamp pop. You do lead a busy life honey. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Rachel, no wonder you were tired you never seem to stop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, awesome cards! I did wonder how you'd kept the white so pristine, I now have a way to use a Happy Birthday Stamp, so thanks for that inspiration. Love the colours, so vibrant.Hugs, Shaz XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really are such a busy lady! Love your bright and cheery Christmas cards! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look wonderful Rachel, loving your inky backgrounds. You sound one busy lady :) Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel
    Fabulous Xmas cards...
    Hope your birthday went well... did your card Arrive
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life certainly sounds busy for you at the moment. These cards are great. I like those oxide backgrounds very much. I can see I am going to have to relent and buy some. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stamps and fabulous backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. First may I send belated Birthday Wishes. I'm afraid I'm still catching up with my comments since my extended break, It sounds like a very busy time for you and a little bitter sweet too.

    A lovely set of cards Rachel. I have that Woodware stamp and it's never been used. I like the way you've cut it out in white and may have to copy your idea for some fun Christmas cards this year. It's a great way to have fun with oxide backgrounds too. Thanks for the inspiration. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx