My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 13 June 2017

coffeepot

Good morning all! Hope you are doing ok. I am fine and bringing you my makes from our Coffeepot session yesterday - the ladies wanted to play with distress oxides before committing to buy so thats just what we did. I made a card based on a canvas I has done with Jo Rice and used Clarity stamps throughout.


The one on the left is the inspirational card - the one on the right I made going through the techniques with th ladies.


I used distress oxides to create the background - using three on a sheet, spritzing with water and smooshing my card through. Next I added more of single colours and built up layers until I was happy. Next I stamped the two stamps in the corners and added the white highlights. I repeated this process on a piece of A4 card and stamped and fussy cut lots of flowers and leaves before adding them to the card in the form of a wreath - that was after I had added the friendship stamped onto white card.

I think the ladies enjoyed the process even if they didn't finish what they were doing!!!

Hope you have a great day! 

Big hugs

Rachel x

11 comments:

  1. Lovely cards on these fabulous backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Rachel and I love the DIO colours/background as well as those stunning flowers......beautiful

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a lovely day Rachel, just finished my card and am really pleased with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are just fabulous Rachel...I really must have a go with my oxides you really inspire me to have a try...promise to take the packaging off.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all Rachel, I really will have to get some oxide distress inks, but it wil have to be one at a time ha ha !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love these Rachel. The sentiment looks fantastic and the wreath of flowers looks lovely on that background. I'm loving the oxides too and bought four more last week. Having seen your cards I know that I need to build up my background colours more. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both beautiful cards love the wreath and fabulous background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Rachel these are so beautiful, amazing background and colours, love the floral wreath, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Rachel, such a gorgeous background and pretty floral wreaths.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful, the oxide backgrounds are wonderful and I just love the floral wreaths are beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Rachel, I love the look of the oxide background.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx