My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 1 June 2017

Its all in the words at Stamps and stencils

Hello there! Another post so soon! Its another new challenge too - this is the new one over at stamps and stencils - this is Sue's pick and here's what she says....

Words with Meaning - I may be an old romantic but I love to see quotes and meaningful sayings on pieces of art. These can be quotes that are particularly meaningful to you or family sayings ! So, for this challenge I want to see your words taking centre stage, big and bold ! Remember, as always, you need to include some stamping or stencilling or both ! 



I decided to make a card using a spellbinders stamp from Tammy Tutterow. I made a panel first using distress oxides and then stamped the stamp onto it. I used distress pens to colour the words and a white posca pen to add the highlights. The back of the card I made using distress oxides and a joggles stencil.


What a great saying!

Hope you can join us and show us about your quotes! Check out my teamies inspirationhere

Big hugs

Rachel x

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Rachel, my favourite colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours in your wonderful background are so perfect for that fabulous sentiment.....a card to make a smile xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, gorgeous colours and a gorgeous sentiment. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, gorgeous colours and a gorgeous sentiment. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colours here on this card Rachel and it's a wonderful sentiment, brilliant design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant sentiment Rachel and great background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quote is really highlighted by the colours and the positioning!!! Fabulous card!!! I love it!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Rachel, perfect colours for your fabulous quote.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and vibrant card! And of course that quote is stupendous! Rich colors abound in this awesome sauce design! Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Rachel, the warmth from those colours can be felt through the screen ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lovely sunny colours are just perfect with the quote Rachel. It's a lovely card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Rachel, my favourite colour! I love quotes and meaningful sayings too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great quote and one we could all take to heart!

    Your card looks great...loving the white pen accent details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think TT could have made a prettier card herself with this darling stamp! The background and colors are amazing and those white accents make everything pop - a true delight! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx