My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 23 June 2013

Lucy's card

Good morning lovelies! I'm writing this on Saturday night - exhausted after the summer fair - but happy that we raised £524 plus another £107 for Gardening club! Thats a fabulous amount for such a small school - I think we all did well! The weather was rubbish unfortunately - but it didn't hinder us any - and plenty of folk turned out to support us so thats great! If anybody that was there reads this - thankyou so much!

Anyway - today I've got my daughter Lucy's 7th birthday card to show you - her birthday's not until august but this image has een chosen since its launch - the only trouble is she now says she would like a one direction card - well she'll just have to have two cards!!! Lol!!!!



I made the background using a mask from Imagination Crafts and some sparkle medium - the black card is also from Imagination crafts. The card has been cut using a go kreate die and then layered up using further dies. The image is, of course, party paws from crafters companion - Lucy loves Pandas - so this is perfect for her - much better than one direction I think!!!!! I've used an embossalicious folder on some coordinations card then stamped on it and cut it out for the letters and the number. The flowers are WOC. The sentiment is from squidgey pins and this time I left it plain.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Totally Gorjusstotallygorjuss: Happy Birthday
Crafters Companioncrafterscompanion: Summer
Kraftyhandskraftyhandschallenge: Shaped card
Sweet stampinsweetstampinchallengeblog: cute and cuddly
SFTWstampinfortheweekend: AG
Whimsywhimsyinspires: Shaped cards

I hope you have a fabby Sunday - the forecast is wet so I'll be having a wet run I think - I'm going early - it'll be 5 miles if its wet and 8 if its dry - I've got to start stepping up the pace now and squeezing a fourth run in during the week - including a longer one at the weekend. The things I do!!!!

Have a fabulous Sunday and thankyou for dropping by!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx




27 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, such a sweet Panda.....1D or not, im sure Lucy will love it! Sounds like yesterday went well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your daughter will love her card Rachel.

    Have a good run, I think it will be a wet one if the weather is anything like ours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Lucy's card is lovely and I bet she will love it every bit as much as a One Direction card too......well done on raising so much money, not surprised you are exhausted! Hope the run goes well. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww I love that cute panda and such a gorgeous colour scheme. The flowers are so beautiful.
    I'm pleased that that the summer fair was a success, despite the weather. I hope you have a good Sunday
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Rachel, Lucy will love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful,love the image,fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great result from the fete Rachel. I love Lucy's card. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning sweetie, WOWZERS this is just gorgeously stunning, love your colour choices too, fabulous creation, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Rachel, such a sweet image.
    I'm so pleased the school fair went well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really adorable, gorgeous colours and shape and the image is so cute, I hope you have been having a good weekend and glad the fair went well for you, make sure you have an easy day today hun
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card, love the blue flower and matching background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great shape to the card, cute image and fab colours! I am sureit will be loved! Hugs x xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shaped card is so pretty and I'm sure Lucy will love it. Love all the sparkle in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card for Lucy - I bet this one will be kept and treasured more than the non direction lol! Fab work at the fair Rachel - that's a really good amount hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just adorable and I love the shape! Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww this is so pretty Rachel, I love the cute panda xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A super card and a fabulous background and image. Thanks for joining in at Kraftyhands this month and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card, love the image and the background is great.
    Well done on your fundraising, marvellous achievement, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel! Super sweet image, fab design and details :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations on money raised and I don't envy you with the run lol-beautiful card love the image and colour -much better than one direction-they grow up so quickly!
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such an adorable card! Love the blue..so bright and cheerful with this great panda! Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very cute panda & a lovely card, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful card, I like the background too.
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Rachel, gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along over at Kraftyhands for our No Squares allowed challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute Rachel, love the image and the colours.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi again Rachel, just popping back for another look at your cute card and to say thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is lovely! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx