My shining star

My shining star

Friday 14 June 2013

Thanks Mum and dad

Hello lovelies - I do hope you're well and happy! I'm good but feeling quite tired - I think the moonlight walk is catching up with me!

I've got a card to show you that I made to give to my mum and dad to say thankyou for my birthday goodies - they loved it and now I can share it on here.



The card was created by using a light purple pan pastel all over the background having masked off the moon first- then I added the mask from Imagination Crafts and went trough in DI milled lavendar first, then brushed corduroy and then with shabby shutters on the green bits. Between the mauves I shifted the mask slightly to give the illusion of 3D. Afterwards I stamped the fairies from Lavinia stamps in black archival and then the verse from Clarity stamp in the moon. Then it was just a case of matting and layering and bobs your uncle.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Lavinia June challengelaviniastamps: Lovely Lavendar
Sunday Stamper pinkleart-Purple Haze
Cute card Thursday:cutecardthursday Once upon a time


Hope you have a fabulous Friday and thanks for dropping by. I do love to read your comments and try to get around to as many of you as I can manage. Big Hugs and happy Friday!

Rachel xx

20 comments:

  1. Stunning card Rachel. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the image and colours and the sentiment is so beautiful.
    I hope you manage to get some chance to relax a little today
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our card Rachel, it really is stunning and the sentiment is beautiful. So a big thank you from me and your dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...Fabulous colour and great layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your card Rachel, it's so ethereal, the sentiment is beautiful and your design and colours are fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning sweetie...

    This is fabulous...

    Gorgeous creation...

    Have a great Friday...

    Huggles Pops x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card, am sure your Mum & Dad love it... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Rachel. I love the colours and the sentiment too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Rachel, and such a lovely sentiment verse too.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Rachel this is beautiful , your crafting style is fantastic Sweetie. Your Mum and Dad must have loved this one I hope you had a fabulous Birthday, The girls are looking so grown up now they are always smiling and having fun . Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they grow so fast bless them! Hugs to you xx

      Delete
  11. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the verse on your card and the image. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Rachel, really love this.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Rachel! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous Rachel, such a lovely verse.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo I love this Rachel.. so very pretty, attractive work. I look forward to seeing your Lavinia stamp cards.
    BUT!!!! only one entry per month allowed I'm afraid ... so can I put this little beauty into the customer Galley and showcase it there instead? Thanks for your support for our challenge.
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is stunning hun, beautiful colours, beautiful image and beautiful sentiment love everything about it, gorgeous work
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, love the layers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card - the sentiment is beautiful! Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx