My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 27 June 2013

mum's birthday card from my dad!



Hiya there! Hope you are well - and if not hope you are soon! Big Hugs. As you can see from the banner Crafty Sentiments have got some new Christmas stamps coming out - they're just gorgeous - I just know you're going to love them - I've got lots of bits and bats to show you that I've made using them - but not until the launch!!! You'll have to wait until next week!

Today I want to share with you a photograph of two very happy little girls:

 The lovely Diane at dianesrambles sent me and my girls a package yesterday - well she had asked me if the girls would like her fabulous tag book that she made last week - and I knew they would - so I said yes please! Little did I expect the big parcel of extra goodies that came with it - thankyou so much Diane - Lucy and Penny will be sorted now for their Christmas and other card making acitivities in the summer holidays! Aren't crafty people just so wonderful! You've made my day Diane - never mind theirs!

Now onto my card for the day - this is the one I made for my dad to give to my mum - it was her birthday on Monday so its safe for me to show this now!





I made this using my wonderful housemouse CDRom that I won from the Joanna sheen blog candy - love it to pieces and it really comes in handy for the old housemouse challenges!!! I decorated the inside too and wrote a little poem - words that I thought my dad would say to my mum and that she would love to hear!

The card went down well anyway - with both mum and dad - so thats all good!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Housemousehmfmc147: Add a charm
simon says stampsimonsaysstampschallenge: anything goes
crafts and mecraftsandmechallenges: Anything goes
creative momentscarabbiemomentsofcraft: flowers
LEJlejdesignschallengeblog The sun has got his hat on
that craft placethatcraftplaceblog: flowers
crafty friendscraftyfriendschallengeblog: Use a charm

Hope you have a good Thursday - I've got the usual reading in school followed by shopping for my mum and dad - and hopefully some messy crafting with my mum in the afternoon. Then once I've picked the girls up from school I've got friends dropping in who are on their way back home to scotland and finally I'll be rounding it all off with an aerobics class! Good stuff!Soon be Friday!!!

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon! Big Crafty hugs Rachel xx


25 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Rachel. I love the sweet images, beautiful colours and detailing too. I hope your mum had a wonderful birthday.
    How kind of Diane to send your girls lots of crafty goodies, they look thrilled. It's lovely that they share your love of crafting too.
    Sounds like you have another busy day ahead, I hope it's good one
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete


  2. "Thank you for joining in our altered challenge over on the LEJ challenge blog.
    What a lovely make. The colours are bright and you have embellished it beautifully.
    Hope to see you joining us again in future weekly challenges.

    Hugs Jane xxxx LEJ DT Member"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, this card is so lovely, that's so sweet that you made it for your dad to give it to your Mum. I'm not surprised it went down well with both of them!! Your girls look super excited with all the goodies, I know I would be too! Fun days ahead! LOL Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful girls you have, great photo, look like plenty to do over the summer holiday.
    Gorgeous card for Gorgeous Gwen, how lovely. No wonder your mum loved it. Beautiful image and design.

    Gosh you've another busy day ahead, have a good one, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sweetie, this is just stunning, a really gorgeous creation, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rachel for making this card for me, it really is very special and I couldn't believe you had made the words up, it made my day.
    The girls look really happy with their goodies there are some wonderful people out there

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet your Dad's card for your Mum bought tears to her eyes Rachel....it lovely !!

    Glad I put smiles on the girls faces and hope they have loads of fun !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures Rachel. I love your card and I bet your Mum loved it too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at crafty friends
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute picture of the girls! I love, love the card you made for your mom, the image is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw the girls are cute.. and are going to follow in your footsteps it seems x
    your card is stunning..px

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting for the girls to get a crafting pakage! Lovely card for your mom and the image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Rachel, you have used my favourite House Mouse image - I bet your Mum loved it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card Rachel love the HM images! Those are two very happy looking girls!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and loving the image. Thank you for joining us at Creative moments this fortnight. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. how beautiful is this so sweet and love the image, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for entering the LEJ Designs Challenge No. 59 - The Sun Has Got His Hat On...

    What a beautiful card with those pastel tones and then that gorgeous image and flower embellishments. Beautiful inside and out.
    The photo of your girls is lovely and they look so happy :D

    We have weekly challenges, so I hope to see many more lovely makes from you in the future.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and such a lovely photo of your girls too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card Rachel, love the sunny colours. The girls look well pleased with their new crafty stash too. Like mother like daughters eh! Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply gorgeous, love that cute stamp. Thank you for joining in the That Craft place challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very sweet card. Thank you for playing along this week at House mouse & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely card Rachel, the image is gorgeous and love the bright sunshine feel to it. Your mum is going to love it... and thanks for sharing the nice photo of your two lovely girls.. they sure do look happy :) .. and thanks too for playing with us at Crafty Friends this week. Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww bless I love seeing photo's of your girls they are such cuties, your card is adorable too, I love the sweet house mouse image and the papers and layout are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, I bet she loved it. That sunflower with the mouse snoozing is so darn pretty. Love the inside and your Dad must have really appreciated the time and talent of his daughter........thanks for sharing with us and joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue
    PS: Cute Crafty girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Rachel wow this super B/day card is gorgeous bet your mum loved it..& your girls look like crafters in the making..lol



    Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx