Its an MDF frame that came with a central mirror - which I promptly lost - it came from the MDF man. To start with I stencilled the words on using stencils from Andy Skinner and Tim Holtz. Once dry I base coated with gesso and when that was dry I added a layer of crackle medium from paperartsy and then when almost dry I added the different colours of fresco paint.
When all this was dry I pieced the puzzle back together and stuck down on the back board. I also added gilding wax to the lettering plus a sheet of paper centrally.
I die cut the garden greens and the sand dollar, seastar and seahorses. The garden greens were added directly but I added glue to the sand dollar and sea stars and then added art stones from prima. The seahorses were coloured with distress inks and then rock candy crackle was added. When dry further distress ink was added.
I do like the overall effect..
I hope you do!
Please join us at