My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 2 February 2017

Texture, crackle and paint at stamps and stencils

Hello lovelies - sorry - me again - I do seem to have been a little busier than usual for the start of the month! But I hope you like what I have to bring to you today! Its my theme this month at stamps and stencils - and the theme is texture, crackle and paint ( my take on snap, crackle and pop!). To join in you need to follow the theme and add stamps, stencils or both of them. you can see inspiration from my teamies here. My piece has been made just using stencils this time!


Its an MDF frame that came with a central mirror - which I promptly lost - it came from the MDF man. To start with I stencilled the words on using stencils from Andy Skinner and Tim Holtz. Once dry I base coated with gesso and when that was dry I added a layer of crackle medium from paperartsy and then when almost dry I added the different colours of fresco paint. 


When all this was dry I pieced the puzzle back together and stuck down on the back board.  I also added gilding wax to the lettering plus a sheet of paper centrally.


I die cut the garden greens and the sand dollar, seastar and seahorses. The garden greens were added directly but I added glue to the sand dollar and sea stars and then added art stones from prima. The seahorses were coloured with distress inks and then rock candy crackle was added. When dry further distress ink was added.


I do like the overall effect..


I hope you do!

Please join us at 

Hugs

Rachel x

15 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Rachel, such a beautiful background and lovely colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning textures Rachel. Love the little sea horses , I need to get the die. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture and fab colours Rachel.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fantastic! I love the colour, great textures and the little seahorses are perfect embellishments. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is amazing Rachel, I love the colours, texture and wonderful crackle.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Love the colours and texture.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, I love this!!! The colours are gorgeous and I just adore the beautiful seahorses! I have been over and the team have done a wonderful job for your challenge! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS, hope you had a good time today, the gas man came so I am going tomorrow, all being well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this aquatic project Rachel, the colours and texture are fabulous and your design is brilliant, love the seahorses, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous texture and sea colours
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so cool Rachel, love the mixture of sea tones and gold and the seahorses and sand dollars look fantastic...awesome! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this one too, in fact I lurve seahorses and beaches, everything like that and this is blooming stunning huni, I adore everything on it and about it - must go play now as you've inspired me lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous work of art Rachel, vibrant colours.x{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Rachel, that is gorgeous, love that puzzle pieces and the textured layers, the gilding is the icing on the cake! Thank you for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx