My shining star

My shining star

Friday 3 February 2017

Pink and orange at paperartsy

Hello lovelies! Well its been a busy week and I have yet another post for you today - this time - nothing to do with DT work - just playtime. The first theme over the at Paperartsy this year is pink and orange ... I just had to join in! I got my journal out and had a painty play!


I had so much fun making the background. I used fresco paints and layered them up with a brayer. Sherbet and candy floss and tangerine twist and tango plus prawn were the paints used. I also used snowflake paint and one of the new stencils. 


The stencilling shows up nicely here - there are some elenazinski stamps in here too...


More stencilling ....


these characters are such fun!

I was inspired particularly by the post pocket-letters-by-wendy-mallas in making this - although of course mine is a journal page rather than ATCs!


Hugs

Rachel x

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, the whole design is so pretty.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design Rachel, gorgeous bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Rachel, you always create gorgeous backgrounds - lovely colours as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background show off those cute characters! Great way to use that pink/orange color combo! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous Rachel, love the colours and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally stunning Rachel, who would have thought that colour combo would work, but it does - and beautifully too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo love this Rachel !! The colours are fab and so many layers, love the funny folk !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are fabulous Rachel, this is such a stunning colour combo - so fresh and vibrant. I love your journal page, so full of details and interesting stamping.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, your backgrounds are totally amazing and what wonderful colours. Love the stencilled images, fantastic work, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous journal pages Rachel love the bright colours,layers and stamping
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you've created here Rachel, it's fabulous. I was inspired by the colours too...it's a gorgeous combo! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. We can feel that you had fun with this... Very creative and playful! You rocked the Pink and orange (so not my colours...).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel this is so lovely, can feel the stress dripping off me just by looking at it. I didn't enter your candy as if I did win, Australia is just too far to post but Congrats.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it great to have a playtime...good for the soul! love what you have done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Rachel, they cheer me up just looking at them. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous and I love those little dudes... I think some may have fallen in my shopping basket ! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Rachel! I love this spread to pieces! Fantastic work! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx