My shining star

My shining star

Monday 20 February 2017

Penny's Birthday!

Hello there! Its my youngest daughter Penny's birthday today - she's 9 today! I want to share with you the card I have made for her ... she is obsessed with under the sea!!!


She saw that piece I made for stamps and stencils and said she wanted it - anyway I thought I would make her a card with a similar design!


The background is made using distress inks and spray stain...


The wildflower dies  (sets 1 and 2 from TH) were used to cut out the vegetation - bigz dies were used to cut the seastar and seahorses. I used distress ink and clear rock candy to colour the seahorses and then more distress after the rock candy had dried. The seastar was covered with prima mini stones.


I stamped bubbles using a stamp from Ryn. 

I am certain she will love this!!!!

She had a pottery party yesterday - my friend Danielle came along and made pots with her and her friends .... and brought an amazing cake along too that I asked her to make!!!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting

No automatic alt text available.

Big hugs

Rachel x



14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Penny! Love your card Rachel and what a great party to have...The cake looks fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Penny !! You have one very special mum indeed sweetie !! Super special card Rachel and at some point I would love to have a go at pottery too !!

    hugs Diane !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Birthday Girl looks as if she's having lots of fun at her pottery party. I'm sure you all enjoyed yourselves. The card you made is a beauty and a fabbie underwater cake Danielle made. "Happy Birthday Wishes" to Penny. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Penny and looks like she had lots of fun at her party and my goodness what an amazing cake.
    Your card is fabulous Rachel, wonderful under the sea scene, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Penny, wow Rachel that cake looks fabulous and adore seahorses. The card is gorgeous too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card have you made for your daughter. Congratulations, and have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, first of all a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Penny - hope you're all having a fabulous day. And what a stunning card - love how the starfish glows in the ocean depths - beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday wishes to Penny and looks like she had a fabulous day with her cake and pottery. Great card you made for her Rachel
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Rachel, such a lovely underwater scene.
    It looks like a fabulous party, I hope Penny have a wonderful day.#Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Penny and fabulous underwater card and even more amazing cake
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a fabulous card! So much gorgeous texture, I hope Penny had a fabulous birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card for Penny, I bet she loves it, I do xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy Birthday Penny.
    I am sure she had enjoyed her sea theme cake and card, Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx