My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 16 February 2017

Quick makes for Chocolate Baroque

Hello there! How are you today? I hope you are well. I have 5 cards I made for the January 31st shows on Hochanda to share with you today - that was the launch of the kingfisher stamp set. All cards took around 15 mins to make - I'll outline how I did them each...


This one was simple repeat stamping in archival inks. The background was made using distress ink.


This one was stamped with archival onto yupo that had already been treated with alcohol inks. Then the image was removed leaving the ghost image. Finally I used archival and left it to get the black - simple stamping was done around the edges.


On this card I stampled in versamark and added white embossing powder - then I added brushos in the background.


I stamped the central image in green archival then masked it off using a circle - then simply added distress inks and overstamped. The lower layer was done in the same way.


and finally I used gelatos to create the background then simple stamped using black archival on top!

I hope you can see how quickly these cards can be made! 

Just a quick shout out too - Lesley is on Hochanda today at 7am, 11am and 3pm with some glorious spring stamps and samples! 

here's a sneaky peek from the shows....



Big hugs

Rachel x

15 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful! I think my fave is the white embossed image with the brusho background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly work fast - just 15 minutes a card is amazing. They are all beautiful Rachel and I enjoyed reading how you made each one. I was interested to read embossing first then adding the Brushos. I wouldn't have thought to do it that way round. Thanks for the tip and lots of inspiration too. I love the springtime card. It's so pretty and fresh looking.

    The hairdresser has just left and I'm doing a few visits before watching the first programme which I had to record. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely! As you know, I'm a big fan of meadow grasses, so I really enjoyed this post. So impressed with your quickie creativity - fabulous springtime inspiration!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful samples Rachel, a fabulous variety of designs. I love the sneaky peak one - beautiful daffodils, spring is on the way, we have daffodils in bloom in the garden.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous samples Rachel, loving the designs of each of them. The daffodils look gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning Rachel! I only just purchased some Yupo paper and hoping to play with it and my Alcohol Inks soon. Love meadow grasses so they are right up my street, so to speak xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the samples are beautiful, I really love the look of the embossed grasses and the Brusho background! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow these are awesome samples hun especially love the last one love hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous selection of cards love all the stamps and beautiful backgrounds-love the second one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all fabulous love each one for different reasons. No way could I make
    A card in 15 mins so I take my hat off to you. Hugs to you and the girls. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, all! I am amazed at what you can do in 15 minutes! I really can't even decide which stamp to use in 15 minutes! My hat is off to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely wonderful cards Rachel, all beautifully designed and coloured as usual your backgrounds are amazing, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Rachel, these are beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx